Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

dribbling rash - what can i do?!

(6 Posts)
waiting4bambino Wed 01-Oct-08 06:50:00

Help! My beautiful baby is turning spotty! I have been quite fussy about changing her bibs etc but she's constantly dribbling or chewing her outfits and the neck of her clothes is usually damp. Anyway, she now has some bobbly spots which i assume is from the dampness, and i've been putting Bepanthen on them. Is this right or is there something else that mums do?!

forevercleaning Wed 01-Oct-08 07:14:10

i found 'fullers earth cream' to be really good for a multitude of rashes.

rather old fashioned (mum used it on us - im 43!) but excellent stuff, and you can get it in your chemist. Comes in a screw top jar.

juuule Wed 01-Oct-08 07:16:45

I smeared a thin layer of vaseline over the areas affected including the creases in their neck. It worked.

Themasterandmargaritas Wed 01-Oct-08 07:18:22

Another vote here for vaseline, works a treat.

Themasterandmargaritas Wed 01-Oct-08 07:19:34

It also somehow seems to stop runny noses when you smear a little right under their nostrils smile

Moogatron Wed 01-Oct-08 13:50:25

try this:

http://www.babykind.co.uk/bibs.htm

Bandana bibs are meant to be great for dribbly babies and it helps stop the rash on the neck/chest. Re the chin, vaseline seems to be a good option.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: