Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help...I need to buy a small gift as a huge thank you for someone...ideas desparately needed please!

(18 Posts)
mumma2cjh Tue 30-Sep-08 22:19:08

This is a work thing....in a nutshell someone has done a huge amount of work on a project and I would like to buy a gift as a thank you however....am totally stuck on what to get.

She is around mid 30's and likes the good stuff in life!

I thought of either a bottle of good champagne or an expensive box of chocolates - what do you think?

If I went down the chocs route - what are the bes tyou can by???

compo Tue 30-Sep-08 22:21:16

Hotel Chocolat are lovely and expensive
Or Thorntons
Or lovely bunch of flowers

mumma2cjh Tue 30-Sep-08 22:22:49

cant do flowers as I want to give the gift to her discreatly at a meeting next week - Hotel Chocolat - we have one of those in town - will check them out!

lilolilmanchester Tue 30-Sep-08 22:31:11

I was given a huge box of Hotel Chocolat chocolates as a thank you. They look nice, but to be honest, I think Thornton's chocolates taste better.

Champagne would win my vote.

compo Tue 30-Sep-08 22:32:08

i have to say I'd rather alcohol than chocs every time grin

AnotherFineMess Tue 30-Sep-08 22:32:38

Posh toiletries/candle - Jo Malone, Origins, Molton Brown etc?

singingtree Tue 30-Sep-08 22:34:44

I'd deffo prefer champagne to chocs

mumma2cjh Tue 30-Sep-08 22:37:55

ummm what brand of champers should I go for?

lilolilmanchester Tue 30-Sep-08 22:44:34

depends how much you want to spend. A good Cava would be preferable to a cheap champagne. Esp a rose cava.

surreylady Tue 30-Sep-08 22:56:14

champagne gets my vote or something from White Company, Moulton Brown or the other lovely one in our high street whose name has totally escaped me as it is late and i am getting old. Alterntively I received a thank you gift last week it was Posh breadsticks/pates/bisuits etc I thought that was a really nice and thoughtful idea.

KatyMac Tue 30-Sep-08 22:57:41

I saw a lovely thing on here last night - it was flowers made out of fruit & they delivered

giddykipper Tue 30-Sep-08 22:59:20

Could you find a link for that Katy?

Soapbox Tue 30-Sep-08 23:00:06

I think a box of Jo Malone votive candles or a Space NK gift set would be better than chocs or champagne.

Alternatively a voucher for a spa treatment would be discreet and very welcome, I imagine

I would question why you need to be discreet - surely an input like this deserves to be celebrated openly? Celebrating success is an important part of creating good teams - I'm not fond of the idea that we keep our thank you's private!

mumma2cjh Tue 30-Sep-08 23:03:58

...dont want to upset others or embarrass her.

I think I will go for a lovely bottle of champers or Jo Malone goodies

mumma2cjh Tue 30-Sep-08 23:03:59

...dont want to upset others or embarrass her.

I think I will go for a lovely bottle of champers or Jo Malone goodies

mumma2cjh Tue 30-Sep-08 23:08:02

Ive never used Jo Malone but just found a beautiful "Start Set" that contains small bottles of fragrances, bath oils and shower gel and cremes - what do you think - £30
http://www.jomalone.co.uk/site.nsf/shop/giftsresults?openform&oc=thankyou&pr=050&rc=Female

KatyMac Tue 30-Sep-08 23:14:41

here
& here

surreylady Tue 30-Sep-08 23:15:20

Jo Malone - that was the one I was trying to remember! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now