Talk

Advanced search

how much do you intervene in your children's squabbles

(3 Posts)
sillysillysally Sat 27-Sep-08 21:39:06

Mine are 3 and 1 and, although they're both young, seem to spend most of the toy fighting over toys. I'm never sure to what extent to intervene or whether to leave them to it to sort it out themselves.

Dragonbutter Sat 27-Sep-08 21:42:56

mine are the same age. i intervene on the one year olds behalf when he's being unfairly treated.
if the 1 year old hits out i intervene and give him a telling off, more of a token gesture for the 3 year old who can fend for himself.

charchargabor Sat 27-Sep-08 21:48:42

My DD is 1 and DSD is 4. I intervene as little as possible, usually they sort themselves out. DSD has developed a great distraction tactic where she gets another toy for DD so she can have her one back. If they're doing it a lot I ask them to share which calms it down a bit {even though DD doesn't understand what I'm saying!) I will sometimes give toys back, but I try to be fair and do this equally to both even though DD doesn't know what she's doing yet. Hope that made sense, reading it back I'm not sure it does. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now