Talk

Advanced search

DS in much distress after his bath

(8 Posts)
inscotland Fri 26-Sep-08 18:02:46

That every night it's getting more and more upsetting. He's 12 weeks and from the minute you lift him out the bath he screams. Big sobbing tears and I almost think he's going to choke.

We've brought his bath forward half an hour to see if that helps in case he was just very tired but it hasn't worked.

His napping during the day is falling into place. 2 45 minute sleeps and between 1.5 and 2 hours at lunchtime.

It used to be that it was bath, bottle and bed and his eyes would be shut at 6.30. We still get eyes shut around 6.30 but more out of upset that relaxation.

Is he just protesting about coming out of the bath or does anyone know of anything else? As with most babies, he loves his bath!

I can't bear to see him so upset.

inscotland Fri 26-Sep-08 18:06:25

Should also say that 2 nights this week he has gone to bed without his last feed because he was just so upset and crashed. Tonight he's taken most of it but screamed twice during it so had to take a break to get him to calm down.

fransmom Fri 26-Sep-08 18:07:57

oh sweetheart (((((((((((()))))))))

it might just be that he does enjoy his bath a lot xx

SlurZoom Fri 26-Sep-08 18:10:39

My dd used to really shout when coming out of the bath, she was usually hungry and cold. I used to wrap here in an enormous towel and bf her a bit immediately to calm her down.

Could you try feeding a bit beforehand and having it ready to have whilst snuggled in a towel?

TillyScoutsmum Fri 26-Sep-08 18:10:45

DD was similar - I never worked out whether she just loved her bath or whether she knew it was then time for feed and bed and was just resisting it (depsite being tired and going down to sleep ok)

Distraction worked sometimes - letting her take one of her bath toys whilst she was being dried, lots of peek a boo with the towels, singing twinkle twinkle (and others). Some nights nothing worked though sad

liath Fri 26-Sep-08 18:12:19

Stop bathing him, he doesn't need a daily bath at this age, it just dries his skin out! Then if he still gets upset you know it's the time of day that's upsetting him rather than the bath itself.

Chaotica Fri 26-Sep-08 18:14:36

DD used to do this - she just loved the bath. Once she was old enough, we'd play peekaboo with the towel or sing favourite songs to ease her into pjs. DS also screams like a loon when he's tired and has done forever (loves his bath too - screams if he sees his sister is having one and realises he's not grin hmm)

jenwa Fri 26-Sep-08 18:23:19

My DD was the same. I think they like the feeling in the water then they come out in the cold to be rubbed/patted with a towel and dressed and they just dont like it. Agree with slurzoom re feeding, bit of distraction and also DD was hungry after her bath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now