Talk

Advanced search

owners of only boys how do you stop yourselves turning them into dandys

(21 Posts)
Podrick Fri 26-Sep-08 14:09:25

what happens when you are a frustrated stylist with nowhere to channel it

foothesnoo Fri 26-Sep-08 14:14:59

lol.

My ds wants a leather jacket. He tried one on in H and M the other day and the only word to describe it was preening.

snowleopard Fri 26-Sep-08 14:17:40

Oh I channel it. subtly. No one knows, least of all DS, that I select his daily outfit to effect an air of professorish yet casually colour-coordinated scruffy-chic. Today it's orange striped top, brown cords and 70s-style brown striped socks.

Not expensive, this is all H&M/Next and supermarket stuff, but I do have a style agenda. He's only 3, long may I continue to secretly style!

He does get comments as well, people tell me he looks cool.

<shallow>

brimfull Fri 26-Sep-08 14:21:46

very frustrating

ds has numerous gorgeous things he refuses to wear...I really should give up.

snowleopard Fri 26-Sep-08 14:25:02

My DS is enormously stubborn but it hasn't yet occurred to him to refuse to wear certain clothes. I'm sure that day will come...

MerlinsBeard Fri 26-Sep-08 14:25:43

owners?hmm

Threadwworm Fri 26-Sep-08 14:25:52

I just thank god that manky tracksuit bottoms plus vaguely temperature-appropriate top is all my boys require of me.

ahundredtimes Fri 26-Sep-08 14:29:08

You become Queen of an internet talk board and tell everyone all over the country WHAT to wear and HOW to wear it.

That's what you do.

grin

Niecie Fri 26-Sep-08 14:29:21

DS1 is 8 and still doesn't care what he wears so long as it fits.

DS2 is slightly more choosy at 5 yrs but will still go with the flow most of the time.

I secretly get to style.

Anyway, my SIL has a tomboy so are girls any different to boys - don't they want to wear things we don't like too?

RubySlippers Fri 26-Sep-08 14:30:39

i plait my DS's hair after his bath and when DH is out

blush

tingting Fri 26-Sep-08 14:31:36

mines only 7months but you want to see him! of course i dress him fabulously, if he turns out anything like his dad well.... i'll have to hide the mirrors...
... only kidding, but not really smile

its cause i look like a dump covered in goo most of the time, its like here wipe your snotty noses and milky vomit on me, you must look gorgeous... and perhaps i'll actually wear my hair down and even brush it properly one day!

DoubleBluff Fri 26-Sep-08 14:31:42

DS1 is 8 and would wear anything i put him in
DS2 is going to be Gok wan.
He will put back clothes i put out for himm and choose a totally different outfit.
Last night he was going through NExt directory pointing out the things he would like.
I just bought him the Rolling Stoen tshirt he looks fab in ti!

snowleopard Fri 26-Sep-08 14:32:41

DS loves to watch me put on make-up and have a go with it himself. I do NOT make him up but he does do it himself. He likes "sparkly sprinkles"

tingting Fri 26-Sep-08 14:34:20

many a time we dressed our little brother in a frilly dress put make up on him and sent him over to the shops grin

Bunch Fri 26-Sep-08 14:34:54

My DS (age 4) keeps saying his name is Penny and he wants to be a hairdresser when he's grown up.

Podrick Fri 26-Sep-08 18:44:30

love this thread

i thought nobody would reply!!!

(mumof monsters "owners" is tongue in cheek...this is a clone thread of the girls one that icod started wink

PootyApplewater Fri 26-Sep-08 18:47:39

have a picture of stripey tights as your screensaver.

Podrick Fri 26-Sep-08 18:54:09

whose?

ladytophamhatt Fri 26-Sep-08 18:54:33

I've given up trying now.

Ds1 has one outfit that I cringe whenever I see. He bought it himself with B'day money and its awful.
Think <whispers> Chav uniform and you've got the outfit

UniS Fri 26-Sep-08 21:45:11

owners ??? I was thinking wanglers

Podrick Sat 27-Sep-08 07:02:32

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now