Talk

Advanced search

Please reassure me that DS1 will be PERFECTLY FINE at beaver camp...!

(10 Posts)
scampadoodle Wed 24-Sep-08 11:40:00

First up, can I say that in general I am not a neurotic mother - I let them climb whatever they want, I don't hover in the playground blah blah blah.
But DS1 (7) is off on his first beaver camp the weekend after next (Saturday morning til Sunday afternoon) and I am so anxious about it! They are going in a minibus so of course I have visions of the newspaper headlines "SCOUT BUS HORROR" and then I worry about him being there overnight as he hasn't stayed away from home before without a family member being there.

I know I am being completely daft as he is a normal, gregarious, active boy and he will have a great time. Is this how we all feel? Is it called Being a Mother?! He is my eldest so it's the first time this has come up...

(DH says that if we were posh he'd be at boarding school by now anyway)

scampadoodle Wed 24-Sep-08 11:52:39

scampadoodle Wed 24-Sep-08 16:32:58

DrHorrible Wed 24-Sep-08 16:36:35

He will be fine.

My mum ran brownies and did oodles of camps about 15-20 years ago and the rules and regs were very tight then, so they must be insane now.

MaureenMLove Wed 24-Sep-08 16:44:36

Aw, bless you! He'll be fine! He'll be complete exhausted, flithy and full of it all, when he comes back!

Saturn74 Wed 24-Sep-08 16:47:32

Yes, he'll be fine; and he'll come home exhausted, and full of tales of how fab it all was.

Send him with a bin bag to put dirty clothes in, and prepare the washing machine! grin

psychomum5 Wed 24-Sep-08 16:53:31

he will be fine.

mine have done camps with beavers/cubs/scouts and love it and all come back fine, if muddy and tired.

scampadoodle Wed 24-Sep-08 17:07:52

Good, I am just being daft... grin

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Wed 24-Sep-08 17:10:45

you are not daft. He will be fine. When I collected mine after his first night (sleepless for me) he pretended not to see because he didn't wan to go home yet..

psychomum5 Wed 24-Sep-08 17:18:31

not daft, normal.

I let mine go, and they are all ok. Never stopped me getting jittery the first time thowink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now