Talk

Advanced search

Daft question about baby footwear?

(11 Posts)
bikerunski Sun 21-Sep-08 11:35:41

DC1 (boy) is 2 weeks old. He has been given loads of clothes. When the weather gets colder etc and we go out, what do I need to put on his feet? Just socks? or those sort of slipper-shoes? I appreciate that he won't need "real" shoes until he starts walking, or crawling at least, I was thinking more for warmth.

He has a cosy toes thing for his pram/buggy, but since he has a couple of coats, I am assuming he'll need these as well, which got me to thinking about his feet.

Cheers

mrspnut Sun 21-Sep-08 11:38:31

I just put mine in socks when out and about or coats with feet in and nothing at home.

Even now both girls take off their shoes and socks the minute they come through the front door.

sarah293 Sun 21-Sep-08 11:39:44

Message withdrawn

Majeika Sun 21-Sep-08 11:40:56

A babygro with socks underneath.

IAteDavinaForDinner Sun 21-Sep-08 11:41:21

I had mine in a babygro (sleepsuit) all the time until around 6 or 7 months. Didn't like socks TBH - they needed to be elasticated to stay on so they left marks on his little legs, I worried they'd be uncomfy.

squigglywig Sun 21-Sep-08 11:43:03

DD had these fur lined boots from grandma but they were a total pain in the arse and I gave up after spending hours retrieving them from under the pram, table, bus, car seat.

Cotton socks with wool ones on top work well. Or sleepsuits with feet in plus socks. Or a blanket wrapped tightly round and tucked underneath.

LackaDAISYcal Sun 21-Sep-08 11:43:28

how about some of these with socks underneath.

they are very roomy, so no worries about restricting their feet, and also very very soft.

as well as undescribably cute.

bikerunski Sun 21-Sep-08 15:32:45

Cheers ladies.

PinkyDinkyDooToo Sun 21-Sep-08 20:47:35

Well he is too small to start with the pulling off of socks things. So prboably just socks for now. But definitely get some of the leather shoes when he is older. They are brilliant. My DS2 (1) is still wearing them now as he doesn't need real shoes yet.

Shoo Shood and Daisy roots do lovely ones.here

ChubbyDick Sun 21-Sep-08 20:57:13

I put tights on my boys. It took a lot of hunting to find non pink ones but I did get them in the end!

They couldn't be kicked off like socks but no-one would have noticed they were in fact tights.

Smithagain Sun 21-Sep-08 22:08:51

I used those soft leather shoes (like PinkyDinky's link), because they kept socks on and therefore feet warm. Everything else came off - but my babies never stopped moving. Others appear to be more placid hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now