Talk

Advanced search

Chicken Pox and creche

(5 Posts)
qwertpoiuy Sun 21-Sep-08 11:13:29

Hi. My DD2 has caught the Chicken Pox. I was expecting that as a child in her creche had it. Of course it didn't happen during my Summer holidays - Murphy's Law.
I just want to ask - for how long does a creche refuse to take them when they have CP? Is it until all their spots are gone? If my memory serves me correctly, my DD1 and DS had the spots for 3 weeks, but they weren't in a creche! I'm worried as I have nobody else to mind her, I'll have to take holidays and I have only a few days left till end of March!

LIZS Sun 21-Sep-08 11:14:41

minimum is 5 days of spots but individual policy may vary.

funnypeculiar Sun 21-Sep-08 11:15:17

I think it's usually until all the spots have totally scabbed over - which is about 5-7 days from first spot ime. After that they're not infectious - even through they look awful still smile

qwertpoiuy Sun 21-Sep-08 11:18:16

Thanks a million, Lizs and funnyP. I didn't expect answers so quickly! A week won't be too bad. It's a pity creches are shut on Sundays that I can't find out - I suppose that's why we have Mumsnet!

vjg13 Sun 21-Sep-08 11:33:15

When there was an outbreak at my daughter's nursery a few years ago they did an inspection of the spots on the first day back! The rule was same as funnyp, scabs on all spots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now