Talk

Advanced search

Feel awful just smacked DD

(7 Posts)
dilemma456 Sat 20-Sep-08 19:03:09

Message withdrawn

Hassled Sat 20-Sep-08 19:08:26

Loads and loads of us have been there - I understand that you feel like crap but your DD won't remember it, you know it wasn't a Good Thing and you'll move on. It will get better. Please don't beat yourself up about it - I hate smacking, but can't say I've never done it. I know I'm not alone in this, and nor are you.

lilymolly Sat 20-Sep-08 19:10:38

dont worry she will forget it soon enough.
Go in give her a cuddle and explain you where cross with her behaviour and tommorrow will be a brighter day fingers crossed smile

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 20-Sep-08 19:11:44

Please don't feel bad. Many of us have BTDT. Its not the answer of course but give yourself a break - sounds like you have had a hell of a day. Calm yourself down and go and give DD a hug and have a real heart to heart about how sad you are both feeling and why.

Saturn74 Sat 20-Sep-08 19:13:26

Sounds like you're both exhausted from her being rather trying today.
Give her a cuddle, and start with a new resolution tomorrow. smile

MadamAnt Sat 20-Sep-08 19:14:01

I wrote a v similar post about a week ago. I felt dreadful and full of remorse. Follow Hassled's advice and put it down to experience and move on. What's done is done, and hopefully it will have confirmed that smacking is Not Your Style Of Parenting. Go and give her a huge hug.

dilemma456 Sat 20-Sep-08 20:26:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now