Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

did anyone else find that they were loving parenthood second time round...

(6 Posts)
mum2samandalex Thu 18-Sep-08 22:12:56

more then the first time round. Don't get me wrong i loved having my first but now im a mum again to an 8mth old i just feel that im enjoying it so much more. Im not sure if its because im older, wiser or just more experienced all probably all three.

mum2samandalex Thu 18-Sep-08 22:13:53

oh and does it get better third time around or is that just too much hard work lol

junkcollector Thu 18-Sep-08 22:22:08

I am loving 2nd time round. I'm so much mroe relaxed

Reginaphilangy Thu 18-Sep-08 22:25:50

Oh yes, its sooooo much better second time around, and then better still third time! (i'm not doing a fourth so i can't help you there wink)

I agree its a combination of age, experience and knowledge. The big difference for me was allowing myself to trust myself ...to go with my instincts and do what i think is right, rather than what everyone else is saying is right!

Relaxing and going with the flow is the key to success IM very HO grin

FairLadyRantALot Thu 18-Sep-08 22:32:02

hmm...loved it more 2nd time round, but hated it 3. time round...but 3rd dc was a horrendous Baby ( he is now a lovely , content and delightful little Boy...so, we got over that....but I do still find it difficult having 3....)

Joolyjoolyjoo Thu 18-Sep-08 22:34:43

2nd time round far far better than first- with dd1 I felt she just looked at me and we both knew that I didn't have a clue, cue hysteria from both of us! Far more relaxed with dd2. Now have no 3 (ds) and enjoying it HUGELY- possibly cause he is to be the last, but also just feel so much calmer this time round

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now