Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How much TV do you let your toddler watch a day?

(14 Posts)
paow Wed 17-Sep-08 12:46:17

Hi there, just wondering really.
I normally like to just let DS watch TV in the evenings while I cook, but over the weekends I let him watch it in the morning also.

Just wondering what other people do?

Overmydeadbody Wed 17-Sep-08 12:46:56

none

Weegle Wed 17-Sep-08 13:05:52

Nothing much at all really, with the following exceptions:

If he's ill. He's currently got an ear infection and so has watched some.
If I'm ill.
If we're in the car on a long journey (which is about twice a month, he uses our portable DVD player).

But I only have the one. He's 2.3

magsi Wed 17-Sep-08 13:08:46

Ours is on most of the time, although he doesn't plonk himself infront of it all the time.

blush

compo Wed 17-Sep-08 13:10:03

4 year old ds watches tv in the morning when he gets up and in afternoon after lunch if we're in
2 year old dd sometimes sits and watches bu mostly flits about annoying him

Bluebutterfly Wed 17-Sep-08 13:10:35

No tv, but a dvd once a day (or twice in holidays) so I can cook/have a break...

Bluebutterfly Wed 17-Sep-08 13:11:31

ds is 3 yrs 8 mths..

spinspinsugar Wed 17-Sep-08 13:13:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Acinonyx Thu 18-Sep-08 08:53:14

20 mins - 1 hr. Usually while I'm getting ready in the mornng (and I might sneak to my pc too...). DD's 3.

lilymolly Thu 18-Sep-08 08:59:57

none
shes is not interested dd 2.7
<smug emoticon> wink

GentleOtter Thu 18-Sep-08 09:14:37

None. (we are unable to get a TV reception here)

vonsudenfed Thu 18-Sep-08 09:28:02

None, although most of my friends think this is wierd and ask me when I am going to let her start watching some.

Only exception was v bad teething, when we all watched A Grand Day Out together to cheer her up. And she did watch a bit of the Olympics with us in the mornings, too.

wahwah Thu 18-Sep-08 10:03:41

ds watched none until dd born. He probably watches over an hour now (has also given up midday nap, so good for resting). I skyplus a few programmes and we usually watch them together. I have become a big fan of cbeebies and it sounds mad, but ds has learned loads of Makaton and increased his vocabulary hugely. It's also good for showing him that 'big boys' clean their teeth, cut their hair etc. Some tv is good imvho.

FeelingLucky Thu 18-Sep-08 10:16:32

none unfortunately

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now