Talk

Advanced search

Truprint, Pixmania Photobooks - what are these and how do they work?

(8 Posts)
mumma2cjh Tue 16-Sep-08 22:09:36

just wondered if anyone had done one and could explain what they are?

Ebb Wed 17-Sep-08 10:01:24

A photobook is a book with all your photos printed in. You upload your pics to the various websites and design your book. I haven't used Truprint or Pixmania but have done two photobooks with Photobox. I found it really easy to use. You can choose style of book, how many pictures you want per page, layout etc. You literally drag the pictures to where you want them and can swop them around, try different layouts etc. They do lots of offers so great for Christmas presents for Grandparents etc. Best to order presents early though as sometimes the increased demand means delays.

mumma2cjh Wed 17-Sep-08 10:16:01

sounds great...will look at photobox now. Just one thing what are the images like - do they reproduce well, do they look like photo's or pictures?

Ebb Wed 17-Sep-08 10:23:09

Depends on the quality of your pictures. grin Photobox has a thing where it will tell you the quality of your photo ie. poor, good, excellent so gives you an idea of how it will reproduce. So if you decide you want one picture on one page (A4 size) it will tell you whether it will print at suitable quality. I'm probably not explaining it very well but it's very easy to use!

becklespeckle Wed 17-Sep-08 10:32:50

I used Jessops website although I believe Snapfish have a half price offer on at the moment. Book came out fabulously and much better quality than I expected, nice glossy pages. I had a hard cover on mine so it looks like one of those kids annuals you can buy at Christmas. Put all our holiday snaps in one, even those of scenery which wouldn't usually get printed, is great for the kids to look through too. Smaller ones would make excellent presents for grandparents!

jeanjeannie Wed 17-Sep-08 13:08:11

Definately depends on photo quality as to how the pics turn out but but you also want good paper too. My SIL had some done through Jessops and they were really shoddy - I was very surprised. Just looked flimsy.

Photobox quality is fab but the website has been upgraded and it seems to have got worse, very slow, complex and just doesn't do want you need it to.

Personally I now use Yophoto (nothing to do with sushi!) It's amazing. Site is really easy and the quality is superb. Can't recommend it enough. The small, cheaper albums are so good as nice pressies and looks like you've spent a fortune smile

mumma2cjh Thu 18-Sep-08 11:48:27

JJ do you work for Yophoto???????????????
Will check it out thanks for help

jeanjeannie Thu 18-Sep-08 17:08:11

Haaaahahaha... no!! But I love it when something is good and works. We're all so quick to moan about stuff....so I try to do the same when I like something!!!!!!!

I am really into my photography though....so that's probably why I rave about the quality!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now