Talk

Advanced search

Is this a bit twee for a 1st birthday?

(9 Posts)
ChirpyGirl Tue 16-Sep-08 20:11:56

DD1 had some friends round to play and I fed them, nothing big, DD2 has ready made friends in teh form of DD1's mates little siblings, so was thinking of inviting all DD1's mates (3 yr olds) and their siblings to an indoor teddy bear picnic, clearing the floor and spreading out rugs etc...
dont want a 'proper' party as she's 1 ffs, no party bags etc, but DD1 insists she has to have some form of party....

muppetgirl Tue 16-Sep-08 20:16:35

for ds 2 (born 5th nov so always going to be a pain organising a party between hallow'een and bonfire night...grin) we aren't having a party as such. Ds 1 is having a hallow'een party for all his mates where I will whip out a bat cake (oh yes, ds 1 is adamant of the bat cake) with candles, a quick 'Happy birthday...' a few photos and then that'll be ds 2 done for the album!

saggyhairyarse Tue 16-Sep-08 20:16:46

Sounds good to me!

compo Tue 16-Sep-08 20:17:30

great idea smile

Saturn74 Tue 16-Sep-08 20:17:39

sounds like great fun. smile

ChirpyGirl Tue 16-Sep-08 20:31:18

thanks, would you be offended if I invited you and didn't bring out party bags etc? was just going to do tea and maybe a pass the parcel thing...

bloody birthdays!

muppetgirl Tue 16-Sep-08 20:37:00

we're not doing party bags as such more 'loot' bags from all the sweets we'll hide for them to find. I've also said NO PRESENTS as it's not strictly ds 2's birthday party more I just need him to know we cared when he's older and looking through photos for his 1st birthday party blush

chat to the people you invite beforehand, they'll be fine

llareggub Tue 16-Sep-08 20:39:20

I'd definitely not be offended by a lack of party bags at a 1 year old's birthday party!

Heated Tue 16-Sep-08 21:00:21

it sounds lovely smile, can I come?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now