Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get slipper socks for my 17 month old DS?

(19 Posts)
Gateau Mon 15-Sep-08 11:32:31

I bought him some slippers because he's constantly falling and bangingb his head. But he finds them really hard to wlak in and I'm scare of him having a really nasty accident. My Mum suggested getting him some of those socks with the grips on the sole, which I thought was a really good idea. But can't seem to find them anywhere for his size (abt size 5) Can anyone help?

AmIWhatAndWhy Mon 15-Sep-08 11:34:35

Primark do socks with a rubbery type tread on the bottom, and so do Baby Gap.

Not proper slipper socks, but they do the same job.

Tbh unless you live somewhere very cold it's best for him to be barefoot whenever at home.

Gateau Mon 15-Sep-08 11:35:51

Thanks amiwhat.
Yes, he does go barefoot a lot, but coming into the winter and with our wooden and ceramic floors, I think it's just a bit chilly.

phdlife Mon 15-Sep-08 11:41:47

why is it best to be barefoot, AmI? our flat is very drafty and ds's feet are like little iceblocks already.

Sycamoretree Mon 15-Sep-08 11:47:54

Ooh. I know, I know! - I just ordered some for DS 12 months here: sock solutions

Gateau Mon 15-Sep-08 11:48:13

HWat do you use phd?
The assistant also tole me barefoot best in the house. But not always possible; in summer, yes.

AmIWhatAndWhy Mon 15-Sep-08 11:48:52

It's healthier for their feet, and they are less likely to slip.
We have wooden floors throughout, and tbh chilly feet don't bother me so long as they are appropriately dressed.

Sycamoretree Mon 15-Sep-08 11:50:01

Or, depending what foot size he is, H&M have FAB moccasin styles slippers with batman on them. DD has worn this style from H&M for 2 years. They keep doing them, different designs each season - they are the best stay on slippers ever. DS is too small for them yet. They have leather sole, and then a stitched on sock bit.

Gateau Mon 15-Sep-08 11:50:29

I meant SHOP assistant in last post.
Thganks sycamore - just what I'm looking for.

Sycamoretree Mon 15-Sep-08 11:51:04

Cold feet bother me - nothing more guaranteed to make me grumpy than cold extremeties in my own home. grin

Gateau Mon 15-Sep-08 11:52:14

Thanks again sycamore.
Which do you think are best? He's a size 4/5

Sycamoretree Mon 15-Sep-08 11:55:33

If you can find them to fit (my local h&m don't always have the best array of stock) then the H&M ones are the best - they are completely my slipper choice for life and I don't konw what I'll do if they stop making them. But judging by how they come back again and again, lots of mums must also appreciate how great they are.

Have only order the socks for DS cos they only had the larger batman ones. And he's not really walking yet - just cruising, and we have mixture of carpet and laminate so socks prob better for him right now.

The Moccasins are best cos I've never had to wash them because of leather soles. The socks you end up putting in the wash and then you have no slippers for a couple of days (so I have ordered two pairs!)

These are gorgeous and fab.

Sycamoretree Mon 15-Sep-08 11:59:42

Excellent link WildThings..Gateau - this is exactly the design of the H&M ones. Was just looking online for a pic of them buy no joy.

Gateau Mon 15-Sep-08 12:01:34

Thanks wherethewils.
I assume these moccasin jobbies are non-slippy?

solo Mon 15-Sep-08 12:02:15

My mum bought some from Aldi(2 pairs for £1.49 I believe). They are far too big in the foot, but they work a treat. Just a little bit warm to wear atm, but Dd still wears them...

Sycamoretree Mon 15-Sep-08 12:04:07

Perhaps not QUITE as much as the socks, but the leather soles are pretty good. My DS has never slipped in his Robeez leather baby shoes, so I assume he'd be as good in these.

DD has worth this style since 18 months so I reckon they're a good bet.

Sycamoretree Mon 15-Sep-08 12:05:33

BTW Gateau - I'm ordering some for DS now! I only ordered the socks because H&M didn't have a small enough size. I'm so grateful to WildThings for this link! No more shlepping to H&M for days on end in hope new sizes have come in!

I can't believe how excited I am about a slippers thread grin

grin Glad to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now