Talk

Advanced search

CONSTANT naughy behaviour, all day, sick of it

(11 Posts)
SinCity Sun 14-Sep-08 22:16:01

DS has been an absolute pain today. It's been non stop since we got up. It started at breakfast when he got one of those stupid neskwik straw things and blew the bloody milk all over the table. This started a row with DD who was 'grossed out', she went storming upstairs and he just continued like that all day. By 10am he was bouncing up and down on his bed and managed to break one of the slats (after I'd shouted at him 3 times to stop). He threw all his bed covers and pillow all over the floor and trampled all over them (I put them clean on this morning) and then did the same thing to DD's bed. He got the ball out of the mouse and threw it out of the bedroom window, DH was out there for hours and couldn't find it so that's one mouse broken.

Oh he's just been absolutely horrible today. I sent him to bed at 8pm because I was starting to feel like I disliked him. He was sat there whilst DD was watching harry potter constantly repeating the word "smell" over and over again under his breathe until she kicked off.

Oh and he splattered wet toilet roll all over the tiles in the bathroom.

Please tell me other kids are like this? he's not always like it but when he has a bad day, he REALLY has a bad day.

DH doesn't see what's so bad about it, tells me "he's just a kid acting up" so am I ovr-reacting, really?

TheHedgeWitch Sun 14-Sep-08 22:22:32

Message withdrawn

groovychick2 Sun 14-Sep-08 22:24:50

I have twin boys who have days like this! There seems to no logic to it and I never know what I'm going to get each day as some days they are really good! Thing is days like this are a vicious circle because as you say you loose "the will" and I know I often end up withdrawing as a form of self preservation!!

Joolyjoolyjoo Sun 14-Sep-08 22:41:16

Oh, I had one of those days today too- ended up punting my 2 girls over to my dad's for a couple of hours, otherwise I thought I might run down the street screaming!

Glad I'm not alone. Tomorrow is another day smile

SinCity Mon 15-Sep-08 08:09:24

He's almost 15. He doesn't do it that often, usually around once a week he'll have a mad day but it really stresses everyone out and I can't be doing with it sad

Paris88 Mon 15-Sep-08 08:15:34

hehe my master 2.5 does this stuff most days, bugger, I was looking forward to the end in a year or so- perhaps not!wink Does your DS have any creative outlets? music/ drama/art/ or a sport he plays? sometimes these things can help to vent for teenagers. Its a hard time of life

SmugColditz Mon 15-Sep-08 08:20:15

at 14 I would have expected to have grown out of this by now.

But....

Boys are not very mature creatues as teenagers.

Give him 4 years and he might be a proper grown up - he still sounds like a little boy1

TheHedgeWitch Mon 15-Sep-08 09:40:59

Message withdrawn

ruddynorah Mon 15-Sep-08 09:43:28

does he need something to do? where are his friends? a little part time job maybe? football team?

groovychick2 Mon 15-Sep-08 12:17:30

Gosh he is behaving like my 6 year olds!!shock I also have a 15 yr old son who also has his moments but not like that. What was he up to the night before? Sometimes my son will come home really moody and aggresive after staying at a particular mates house and it makes me wonder what goes on there as he is fine the rest of the time???

Smee Mon 15-Sep-08 21:19:18

Do you ever ask him why? Bet you have, but instead of yelling at him, what happens if you don't? Am not at all saying you haven't a complete right to be furious, as what he's doing is outrageous, but am curious as to how he feels about what he's doing. As lots of others have said he's 14 not 8.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now