Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a 4 year olds birthday in Feb please

(9 Posts)
mumma2cjh Sun 14-Sep-08 21:29:25

I just cant think where to go this year for my DS 4th birthday party, dont particular want to do a play area type party as ones around us are not brilliant. Its in Feb so its usually quite cold. Here's what we have done in the past:

1st - just family party
2nd - hired toddler group
3rd - Went to Farm
4th??????

Any ideas would be great,cant do it at home as its too small

Tryharder Sun 14-Sep-08 22:42:43

I can't believe how organised you are to be thinking about your DS's party 5 months in advance. I've just started thinking about my DS's 4th birthday party and it's in 3weeks!!

We're probably going to hire the local community centre - have a new baby and can't face 12 hyperactive 4 year olds running all over the house - and the mess they make!!

I'm sure whatever you do, it will be great. I actually dont think 4 year olds need that much adult input - just give them a bit of party food and let them bounce off the walls for an hour and a half grin

mumma2cjh Mon 15-Sep-08 08:51:21

Yes I am a pre-planner!!!!

PinkyDinkyDooToo Mon 15-Sep-08 10:19:33

We took DS1 bowling with some of his friends. He totally loved it. I bought them cheapy plastic trophies from Tesco. 4 for £1. I have a great pic of them all holding up their trophies at the end. We then took them to Pizzaa Hut to eat, as it was over the road.

The reasoin I did this rather than a big party was because I was 8 months pg. But it is probably the birthday he enjoyed most.

mumma2cjh Mon 15-Sep-08 14:07:51

Might just hire village hall and hire an entertainer not too sure yet still thinking!!

mumma2cjh Tue 16-Sep-08 21:45:20

anymore suggestions as Im still searching!

Sawyer64 Tue 16-Sep-08 21:53:42

I did a Jo Jingles Party for my DD who was 4 in July.

I hired local hall,very cheaply.

She had 18 friends,half boys and half girls (some siblings of different ages)and she and they loved it!

They all get a musical instrument as a "Party bag" gift,and
DD got a present from Jo Jingles (you get a choice).

All the kids enjoyed the action songs and singing,despite only one or two knowing them.

Just sat them down for tea and cake after.

Had lots of feedback from the Mums,all positive.

Orinoco Tue 16-Sep-08 21:57:39

Message withdrawn

mumma2cjh Thu 18-Sep-08 11:50:13

Ive priced up hiring a hall, doing my own food and hiring en entertainer - mega bucks and stress!!!

I think I may do the farm again as you can have all day there, indoor play areas aswell plus fab hot food, also parents can pre-order and food comes out at same time - thanks for suggestions though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now