Talk

Advanced search

Sometimes bored.....

(19 Posts)
lauraloola Sat 13-Sep-08 23:03:41

Hi, dd is 3 months old now and some days I feel bored. She is fab and I love being with her but I am running out of ideas as to what to do with my days.

I see friends once or twice a week who have lo's, we do her hand and foot prints, play with toys, try to encourage her to roll over and go for walks.

Any ideas on what else we can do? My car is off the road at the moment but I am within walking distance of town and relatives.

Thanks.

you do stuff for you.
you forget about toys and handprints and while she is small and portable you go for lunch in winebars, visit galleries, you visit people, you shop with her in the sling.

Clary Sat 13-Sep-08 23:10:38

Are there any toddler groups nearby you can go to?

Some people hate them but it can be a good way to meet other mums in yr area, and may give you the chance of some adult company.

A PEEPS (forget what it stands for) group is good too. Ask yr health visitor.

NCT groups sometimes run bumps and babies groups which IME can lead to good friendships.

Can you get to a pool? Swimming is a lovely thing to do with a little one, and tires them out too.

Try to get out each day - just a walk to the shops and back will do you both good.

PeaMcLean Sat 13-Sep-08 23:11:09

What TMMJ says.

Make the most of her being small and ultimately not caring much.

I was desperately bored when on maternity leave.

Clary Sat 13-Sep-08 23:11:31

lol mmj

yes lunch in winebars sounds good actually!

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 13-Sep-08 23:12:28

Oh yes, what MMS said - go to all these whilst the baby is small.

Make sure that you occasionally nap when she does, if not yet sleeping through.

Congratulations on the birth of DD.

avenanap Sat 13-Sep-08 23:13:23

They sometimes do baby book thingies at the local libraries, or swimming, your hv may do baby massage classes.

Taks some time for you too. Have a facial whilst she's having a morning nap, it can be at home, or read a book. You are important too.

lauraloola Sat 13-Sep-08 23:13:28

Oooh swimming is a good idea. Will have to wait for the car to be fixed to go to the nice pool.

We do go out as much as possible but when the weather is bad I sit on mn while she naps smile I have some 'me time' a week - I sit in the bath for over an hour before dp comes and gets me out angry

I just worry that she isnt stimulated enough with it just being me and her.

tigana Sat 13-Sep-08 23:13:51

Yes, do your usual stuff but with a baby in tow. Make the most of it before she gets big enough to despise mooching around anywhere for longer than 30 seconds!!

lauraloola Sat 13-Sep-08 23:16:08

Thanks x Her nap times are never the same and she will either cat nap or have a good hour so I cant really plan anything around those. She is a good sleeper at night - 10pm to 10.30am with a bottle at around 7am which is fab as I need lots of sleep!

she is 3 months old.

she is stimulated just by being with you.

seriously. she does not need to paint or play with toys or do baby music or any of those things. she needs food and love and slep and to be clean and dry.

tigana Sat 13-Sep-08 23:18:44

She will be stimulated by going for walks, seeing surroundings, hearing noises etc. I know it can feel as if you have to be entertaining them and "helping them develop" all the time, but actually they do a lot of that just by noodling about with you.

avenanap Sat 13-Sep-08 23:19:38

Of course she's stimulated, she's still small, all she wants to see is your face and she's stimulated. They spend ages just looking and listening at this age. It's really nice. You don't have to do stuff all the time. Your both been through alot, take some time to adjust and savour the moment because before you know it she'll be all over the furniture and you'll be on here asking for ways to help her sit down.

tigana Sat 13-Sep-08 23:19:46

Plenty of time for painting/music/games/sticking/swimming when she is a toddler with waaaay too much energy and ridiculously low boredom threshold grin

justme27 Sat 13-Sep-08 23:29:36

Hi Laura

My DD is 13 months now - she used to love bluewater and I could happily spend all day there, her in her pushchair, asleep when she is tired, playing with a toy when she is bored.

She now refuses to sit in it for more than 30 secs - she wants to be crawling/waling/running around

MAKE THE MOST OF IT!!!

Congrat by the way :-)

justme27 Sat 13-Sep-08 23:29:36

Hi Laura

My DD is 13 months now - she used to love bluewater and I could happily spend all day there, her in her pushchair, asleep when she is tired, playing with a toy when she is bored.

She now refuses to sit in it for more than 30 secs - she wants to be crawling/waling/running around

MAKE THE MOST OF IT!!!

Congrat by the way :-)

Clary Sat 13-Sep-08 23:34:22

yes laura, you don't need to stimulate her.

She'll love just seeing faces as she sits in the pushchair (and you shop!)

ginnny Sat 13-Sep-08 23:37:35

Hi Laura - your baby sleeps from 10pm to 1030 am at 3 months.
You are so lucky - what a dream baby.
I agree with everyone else, being with you is stimulating, at that age they are learning to do new things all the time anyway, discovering their fingers and toes and looking around at everything.
Plenty of time for all the other stuff when she's a toddler and wants entertaining every second she's awake!
Enjoy every second, they grow up so fast.

lauraloola Sun 14-Sep-08 10:48:53

Thanks everyone. Maybe we will just stick to shopping and going to lunch for now! I used to be a nursery nurse so I guess it stems from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now