Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Accident prone toddlers

(4 Posts)
Amanda3266 Wed 23-Feb-05 16:31:56

Today DS (26 months) seems hell bent on freaking me out. I've lost count of the number of times I have picked him up off the carpet today. To cap it all he then rolled off the sofa and landed awkwardly - cue a massive nosebleed which left both him and me looking like we'd been in a massacre. Then he had a real strop when I wanted to wipe his face (to get all the blood off).

Why do they do this? He's now with his Dad and has had strict instructions to please not fall over any bloody more today as Mummy's nerves won't take it.

nnosam Wed 23-Feb-05 16:41:46

kids at this age are trying out things to see how much it hurts, or so my hv told me.
my ds whos 26mt also, is doing the same, i have stoped worrying as it make him upset, he has tried to jump down the last 2 septs of our stairs and landed ars over tit.
try not to worry, they do grow out of it, at least i hope so.

Amanda3266 Wed 23-Feb-05 16:43:42

Oh yes - he really does seem to think he's superman -definitely trying things out. I did tell him he couldn't fly.

nnosam Thu 24-Feb-05 14:21:02

any more flying lessons from your ds today?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: