Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how do you bath a wild/thrashing 9month old safely??

(9 Posts)
vannah Wed 10-Sep-08 21:49:02

My DD goes beserk in the bath. Whether it be a shower, or sitting in her own tub or even the big bath with her older brother, she gets so excited my husband and I both have to hold her down. In a split second she does wild body flips and jumps and thrashes arms/legs. Its very sweet, but Im a bit shocked as DS1 just sat in his tub and splashed the water/played with toys.

She has outgrown the baby bath seat thing in which she was secure. She is quite a big long 9 month old.

what else can I try
thankyou

lisad123 Wed 10-Sep-08 21:53:33

if she can sit, can you use a big bath seat thingy??
I get soaked everytime too. If not try putting less water in the bath?

anonandlikeit Wed 10-Sep-08 21:55:02

Just let her go for it, put a few inches in the bottom of the bath & let her enjoy kicking & splashing.
As long as you are watching her she will be fine.

vannah Wed 10-Sep-08 21:58:04

she slips and slides everywhere and keeps turning her body so needs to be held to stop her from going under the water - its very shallow...

Pigstyle Wed 10-Sep-08 21:58:15

Ditto anonandlikeit.

Have always bathed lbabies like this-waterproofs can be handy but they just love it until able to sit and play....

daffodill6 Wed 10-Sep-08 21:58:30

Have you tried going in the bath with her and having a good splash together?

trumpetgirl Wed 10-Sep-08 22:00:09

Why don't you get in with her?
I used to bath with dd til she was about 18 mths old as I felt I had more control.

anonandlikeit Wed 10-Sep-08 22:00:42

TBH I always literally just put 2 inches in the bottom of the bath with a bath mat.
DS1 always flipped over, he would just lift his face out of the water with a big grin. He loved it!

theressomethingaboutmarie Thu 11-Sep-08 09:10:35

I'd get in there with her if I were you. Have some splashing fun with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now