Talk

Advanced search

What time does your baby go to bed?

(23 Posts)
fyefoot Wed 10-Sep-08 18:05:24

My 11 week DD goes to bed at 10pm but is sleeping until 7ish so I am getting a good nights sleep so I thought this was okay but I spoke to someone today who thought this was much too late. Am new to this and haven't read much about getting baby into routine.

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 10-Sep-08 18:06:31

Mine at 12 weeks goes to bed any time between 7 and 9 depending when his last feed his

Ewe Wed 10-Sep-08 18:07:41

My DD was/still is like this. Goes to bed at 10pm but sleeps through 'til 8. I usually tell people to kindly butt out when they volunteer an opinion on it.

TrinityRhino Wed 10-Sep-08 18:09:16

gecko goes to bed at 8pm but was like you describe when younger

Acinonyx Wed 10-Sep-08 18:15:20

They sleep so much through the day when very young that I think this is why this happens. Dd used to go about 9-11 pm at that age, but by 6 mo it was 6.30 (now 8, at 3).

PeppermintPatty Wed 10-Sep-08 18:17:31

When DD was very little anytime between 7 and 9pm. When they're this small I don't think it really matters as they sleep loads in the day.

Now she's 14 months she goes at 7.30ish.

squigglywig Wed 10-Sep-08 18:18:40

DD is 8 months and goes to bed between 6.30 and 7 depending on how busy she has been during the day. Around 4 months I think I started to try and get her going down in the evening but tbh it was a frustrating and demoralising experience. She's goes off cheerfully now and did it when she was ready. If you and your DD are happy, and getting a good night's sleep already, I'd leave well alone!

beansprout Wed 10-Sep-08 18:20:58

Ds2 is 7mo and is usually down by 7.30.

boogeek Wed 10-Sep-08 18:24:41

If you are getting a full 9 hours at 11 weeks, don't change a thing! It works for you. Other people are always full of what you should and should not be doing - if and when your baby seems tired earlier, put her to bed earlier.

cashy Wed 10-Sep-08 19:17:10

my DD went down at 6.30/7pm and slept through to 6ish from 10 weeks. Still does now at 7 1/2 months smile

onwardandupward Wed 10-Sep-08 19:19:59

When they are tired is the best time

likessleep Wed 10-Sep-08 19:43:29

11 weeks old is sooo young.
9 hours uninterrupted sleep is fantastic for this age smile
when she's a bit older, you may like your evenings back, but i'd say 9 HOURS SLEEP - YAY!

missorinoco Wed 10-Sep-08 19:47:01

Second (or third) what has been said. It is working for you. Stick to it!

When ds was a little older than this we put him in his cot at around seven, he had a feed at ten, and we met lots overnight. As they drop daytime sleeps they sleep longer overnight.

LadyBee Wed 10-Sep-08 23:23:44

Fyefoot, DS went to sleep about that time too, until about 13 weeks when he seemed to stop getting that burst of energy around 9 that made him be sociable...so in a couple of weeks you might find yourself being able to ease the bedtime back a bit if you want to.
DS (5 months) now goes to bed between 7 and 8 each night, usually asleep at 7:30 and wakes at about 6:30 with either sleeping through or feeding at about 4:30/5. The transition from a late bedtime to an earlier one happened quite quickly, and it was led by him..I just watched him for yawns and acted grin

shinyshoes Wed 10-Sep-08 23:28:26

8 month old goes at 6.00pm normally wakes at 6.00am

BeHereNow Wed 10-Sep-08 23:48:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

theressomethingaboutmarie Thu 11-Sep-08 09:08:07

My 12 month old goes to sleep at 6:30pm and wakes at about 7am. We had a rough time until she was 5 months; she didn't sleep for any longer than about 3 hours at a time. All of a sudden, at 5 months, she found her routine.

bozza Thu 11-Sep-08 09:17:41

That is fantastic. She sleeps when you want to. What could be better? As she gets older and sleeps less in the day you can gradually bring her bedtime forward. But not much point in her sleeping 7-4 instead is there?

fyefoot Thu 11-Sep-08 11:01:26

I have to say I do feel lucky to, on the whole, get a good nights sleep. I have tried to put her down earlier before but she just woke earlier so although i got an extra hour in the evening it just meant that I had less sleep in the morning!

pudding25 Thu 11-Sep-08 21:53:23

DD is 4mths today. She is asleep by 7pm and had just started sleeping through the night (touch wood 5 million times) and wakes around 7amish. We dreamfeed her at 11pm. She has been going to bed at 7pm since she was about 5/6wks. It is great as I get an evening. Until last week, she was having the dreamfeed and also a feed around 3amish.

If you fancy, you could put her down earlier and then do a dreamfeed which should hopefully keep her going until the morning.

elkiedee Thu 11-Sep-08 22:00:10

At 11 weeks I wouldn't worry too much, go by what you're happy with rather than what others think you should be doing. If you plan to go back to work later you might need an earlier bedtime for her to give her enough time to sleep. DS is now 16 months and we start bedtime routines about 7 but it can be more like 8/8.30 by the time he's actually asleep, as that includes bath etc. But at 11 weeks I think we'd only begun to evolve any routine and that was more luck than judgement.

BroccoliSpears Thu 11-Sep-08 22:02:50

10.00 is fine for an 11 week old. They sleep when they need to sleep. Mine slept about the same at that age, and now at 18 weeks he falls asleep at about 8.00.

Listen to your baby and trust your instinct.

happymummy72 Thu 11-Sep-08 22:10:01

Hi, our little one was going to bed about 10pm this was becuase there was not enough hours in the day when he was on 5 bottles and i must add he was sleeping all the night with no problems, but now he is on 4 bottle feeds and 3 solid feeds a day at 6-1/2 months we can get him settled about 7pm but he now wakes an hour early and is on the go for 12 hours with an hour nap at lunch time if he settles!. I really don't think there is a right or wrong you do what fits in and works for you no 2 babies are the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now