Talk

Advanced search

Leaving dd (2) for the first time, gulp, sob, sniff............

(6 Posts)
Amethyst86 Tue 09-Sep-08 17:56:14

Starting a full time college course tommorrow and will be leaving dd with her dad while I am doing the course. Never really left her before for any length of time and she gets quite distraught when I go out without her. Have been building up to it in the past couple of weeks going out for an hour here and there. Feeling horribly guilty as I stayed at home full time with ds and think she should get the same.

I know I am being a tool, really I do but I am feeling so sad at the thought of leaving her sad. Tell me she will be ok please.....<<waaaahhhhh!>>

dizzydixies Tue 09-Sep-08 17:58:22

well done you going back to college smile
she will be fine and it will be lovely for her to spend some father daughter time with her dad

yummybunnymummy Tue 09-Sep-08 18:01:13

She's going to be with her dad who is the only other person who loves and cares for her as much as you can do, wonderful father-daughter bonding. try too relax and enjoy your new college course

MrsMattie Tue 09-Sep-08 18:01:22

She will be fine, and so will you eventualy. You just need time to get used to the new arrangement. Good luck with college, by the way. Great thing to do. You'll make your daughter proud.

Amethyst86 Tue 09-Sep-08 18:11:18

Thank you. I know. I am very lucky that the carer I have to leave her with is her Dad. Just going to miss her so much. Also a bit scared <<whispers>> she might start loving her dad more than me. Not really, just feel a bit out of my comfort zone. Have been SAHM for nearly 6 years and now I am getting back out there again. Scary.

dizzydixies Tue 09-Sep-08 18:20:05

I started college again last year on a distance learning basis and found the staff to be wonderful and supportive

its something just for you which will benefit you all in the longrun, well done smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now