Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else's toddler hand them the tv remote control to put tv on??!

(19 Posts)
Gateau Tue 09-Sep-08 09:43:58

How bad does this look?!
My DS is nearly 17 months old and has just recently discovered the joys of toddler tv.
It's great of course when you need 20 mins or so to put dinner on or something like that. And I also like to cuddle up with him and watch it. The favourite is ITNG, of course. Oh, and we watched The Magic Roundabout last night. That was my favourite when I was a tot.
But I will have to ration his tv viewing.

bobbynog Tue 09-Sep-08 09:48:02

No, but my 19 month old takes out his dummy, points and grunts at the teething gel! Do you think he is addicted?

Guadalupe Tue 09-Sep-08 09:48:24

My 19 month old loves INTG and Bagpuss. He just turns the tv on and says 'bagpooth'.

Ledodgy Tue 09-Sep-08 09:49:33

Don't worry it's when they see a bottle of wine and hand you the corkscrew you start worrying this is what my ds1 did at about the same age! blush

Gateau Tue 09-Sep-08 09:49:52

Awh, Bagpuss. I guess it's not the original.? i used to feel sorry for him.

snorris Tue 09-Sep-08 09:51:21

Dd4 does this and hands me the 'mote to change channels too!

Guadalupe Tue 09-Sep-08 09:52:49

It is the original, you can get it on dvd. INTG reminds me of bagpuss a bit, the pontipines squeak like the mice doing their 'we will fix you' song.

Romy7 Tue 09-Sep-08 09:58:41

no. mine just pick up the remote and switch it on themselves. you have been warned - it's generally the first skill they master after walking to get the remote in the first place. grin

DiscoDizzy Tue 09-Sep-08 09:59:59

no, they switch it on at the button cos we don't switch it off with the remote.

NinaInCognito Tue 09-Sep-08 10:59:01

My ds (20 months) hasn't mastered the remote yet, but just points at the TV and says "Mickey Mouse on".

EffiePerine Tue 09-Sep-08 11:03:00

DS (23 mo) points to the laptop and says BOB DER BIDDER until you comply, and we don't even have a TV.

NinaInCognito Tue 09-Sep-08 11:20:45

Oh that reminds me EP, my ds also points at the laptop and asks for a certain song that plays in Hindi (my dh's language)on Youtube. I don't even know the language and yet I know ALL the words to the song - shows how many times he has watched it.

phdlife Tue 09-Sep-08 11:25:43

mine is also almost 17m and has just discovered a TellyTubbies tape - he is besotted and carries the box/tape around leaning on me until I take the hint. If I don't, he moans. And moans. And moans.

elle23 Tue 09-Sep-08 19:22:41

DS & DD turn TV on when they wake at 6am! I'm usually up with DD2 about 6.30/7.00...if TV hasn't been left on cbeebies they will bring me "mote contrull" to put it on. anything to get them through breakfast!!

hifi Tue 09-Sep-08 20:05:19

dd gets in the middle of us in the morning, hands me the power remote, the silver one then hands me the sky on, black. just says mummy heres your mote.i tend to leave it on nick junior before i go to bed so even less disturbance. she then tells dh to budge up.

ChasingSquirrels Tue 09-Sep-08 20:10:52

ds2 calls it the "troller" (remote conTROLLER), very cute, except at 6am when he bangs my head with it "troller mummy, eppa ig, eppa ig on pleasseeeeee mummy, AKE UP MUMMY"

mamadoc Tue 09-Sep-08 20:44:12

Glad its not just mine then. 16mo DD embarrassed me at her childminders by handing CM the remote for their TV repeating MisserTumble, MisserTumble. They probably think I park her in front of it all day now.

LittleMoosh Tue 09-Sep-08 21:12:42

My DS, 20 months, puts the TV on himself. He loves Cbeebies, watches it in the morning whilst I get ready. He also likes to sit with me in the evenings watching Emmerdale and Corrie. Ah Bless

giddykipper Tue 09-Sep-08 21:14:48

Brings me the 'mote, points at the TV saying "gar, gar" (Night Garden)

He's 16 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now