Talk

Advanced search

Oh gosh, what shall we do today then? Help please!

(8 Posts)
Legoleia Mon 08-Sep-08 09:09:17

Another day! Will be at home all day with DS aged 2 and rapidly running out of plans/ideas to keep him entertained - he's not fantastic at playing with toys on his own, we could really do with something planned.... the usual playdough, cooking, painting etc has been done to death and I seriously don't know how to fill the hours today!

All suggestions welcome! (please!)

Legoleia Mon 08-Sep-08 09:27:17

Come on SAHMs!!! What are you doing today?

WHy isn't there some kind of manual?! wink

largeoneplease Mon 08-Sep-08 09:28:05

I'm, sure it's been said before, but mums and tots groups are a god send for these sorts of days, or the more structured music/gym type classes. Not sure there's any really benefit for DS at this age, but great for getting you out of the house. smile

RedHead81 Mon 08-Sep-08 09:29:44

oh I'm there too - DS1 has been ill all weekend so has to have today and tomorrow off nursery (3 days after illness policy) and even though he is fine now he doesn't understand that he's not allowed to go!

RedHead81 Mon 08-Sep-08 09:30:47

Might go for a walk if its still dry later - could do with losing DS2 baby belly wink

compo Mon 08-Sep-08 09:30:57

go swimming - that will tire him out and then if you're lucky he will nap on the way home, or after lunch.

mckenzie Mon 08-Sep-08 09:31:56

do you have to be at home legoleia? are you waiting for a delivery or something?

How about making musical instruments out of dried rice/pasta and a plastic bottle?
Make a den in the lounge with a coffee table or bigger table and drape an old sheet over the top?
Get some old socks and glue or sew some bits and pieces on them to make puppets?
Find an old argos catalogue or similar and give DS a pair of safety scissors and ask him to cuit out the things he might like Father Christmas to bring him (too soon??)?
Go in the garden and give DS the biggest paint brush you can find and a bucket of water and ask him to paint the garage wall/door?

Any good??

Legoleia Mon 08-Sep-08 09:56:03

All good, thank you!!!!

Yes, we are in all morning, and usually go to M+Ts but nothing on a Monday....

For others, have found a rather fab website here: activities on the right, by sibject

some good printables - we have just done the C-world colouring.

I love being a SAHM but am not excellent at providing entertainment for hours/days/weeks at a time! Will definitely go for a walk later, do some dancing I suppose - empty all the toyboxes onto the floor at once....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now