Talk

Advanced search

ah rats - DS can reach the second shelf of the bookcase

(5 Posts)
Stefka Mon 08-Sep-08 08:18:13

He kindly pulled down all the books for me this morning. I managed to clear the bottom shelf where I now keep his toys but I just don't have anymore space anywhere! What do other people do - can you stop them from doing it or is it a lost cause?

rac1 Mon 08-Sep-08 08:42:33

My DD used to do this, it drove me mad! I put the book case which was only three shelves high behind the sofa until she grew out of the habit.

Stefka Mon 08-Sep-08 08:47:11

Ours is a big one so it won't go anywhere else. Our house is stupidly small with no storage space - why do they make houses like this?! I always knew it was small but no idea how small until DS came along!

Pinkglow Mon 08-Sep-08 12:06:43

I used to do this was I was a toddler - my dad will still rant about how annoyinh it was even now and im 28 grin

They have pictures of me doing it - my dad said that whn i was big enough for the 3rd shelf id grown out of it

whatironing Mon 08-Sep-08 12:56:08

I just let DS get on with it. He does it less now, I moved anything 'precious' though. It only gets worse, he climbs on a chair arm to reach the mantlepiece now - nowhere is safe, sigh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now