Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

ah rats - DS can reach the second shelf of the bookcase

(5 Posts)
Stefka Mon 08-Sep-08 08:18:13

He kindly pulled down all the books for me this morning. I managed to clear the bottom shelf where I now keep his toys but I just don't have anymore space anywhere! What do other people do - can you stop them from doing it or is it a lost cause?

rac1 Mon 08-Sep-08 08:42:33

My DD used to do this, it drove me mad! I put the book case which was only three shelves high behind the sofa until she grew out of the habit.

Stefka Mon 08-Sep-08 08:47:11

Ours is a big one so it won't go anywhere else. Our house is stupidly small with no storage space - why do they make houses like this?! I always knew it was small but no idea how small until DS came along!

Pinkglow Mon 08-Sep-08 12:06:43

I used to do this was I was a toddler - my dad will still rant about how annoyinh it was even now and im 28 grin

They have pictures of me doing it - my dad said that whn i was big enough for the 3rd shelf id grown out of it

whatironing Mon 08-Sep-08 12:56:08

I just let DS get on with it. He does it less now, I moved anything 'precious' though. It only gets worse, he climbs on a chair arm to reach the mantlepiece now - nowhere is safe, sigh!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: