Talk

Advanced search

Christening shawl/blanket - I can't find one and DD's christening is in 2 weeks!

(4 Posts)
Gonkster Mon 01-Sep-08 18:32:46

Help! I don't want a fussy one, or a monogrammed one, I just want a beautiful traditional one from a shop or company I know of - seen loads on the internet but I don't know any of the suppliers and time is running out so I don't want to trust a company I don't know in case I get taken for a ride. Please help - am desperate and it's an important part of her baptism to me.

Thanks!!

RubyRioja Mon 01-Sep-08 18:35:34

I bought traditional, cotton lace knit one from John Lewis

soremummy Mon 01-Sep-08 18:35:37

Hi

I bought a really light weight fringed white blanket for my dd baptism it had a teddy in one corner but was folded over and you couldnt see it. I did want to use the original one I had for my other children but with a 17 yr gap from it being used it had yellowed against the dress. It doesnt have to be fancy as your priest will tell you just a white garment

Gonkster Mon 01-Sep-08 19:09:49

John Lewis! Last time I went in, I couldn't find them. I bought her dress there though. Maybe I'll pop back in this week. Actually, I'll ring them. They're always so helpful.

Any other takers on places I can buy them from?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now