Talk

Advanced search

Ear piercing. Is it ok to take earrings out about a week earlier then the 6weeks?

(10 Posts)
lexcat Mon 01-Sep-08 10:46:20

DD had her ears pierced 5weeks ago and hashad no problems. But she starts back at school on wednesday and was hoping she could be in nomal studs for the return of school.

AMumInScotland Mon 01-Sep-08 11:00:44

Do you mean to swap the original piercing ones for more ordinary ones? I don't see why that would be a problem, though she ought to keep them in 24/7 for the 6 weeks.

lexcat Mon 01-Sep-08 11:03:45

Yes that's what I mean. She wiil have to take them out for P.E schools rules but has friend who have done that with no problem.

AMumInScotland Mon 01-Sep-08 11:19:42

Oh an hour or so probably won't cause them to heal over - it would be more likely if she started leaving them out overnight.

lexcat Mon 01-Sep-08 13:36:31

Thanks, she wiil only be wearing studs and PE is the only time she wiil need to take them out.

lexcat Mon 01-Sep-08 19:12:41

bump

DontNeedAnything Mon 01-Sep-08 19:14:42

What is different between the ones sh ehas in and "normal studs"?

Mine had their ears peirced about 5wks ago too. They leave them in for PE. They put micropore tape over their ears.

DontNeedAnything Mon 01-Sep-08 19:16:05

And we have been told to keep them in 24/7 for 6m.

We were told do not remove them at all for 6wks and then only remove them to put new earings straightg back in. They shouldn't be a gap of more than 1hr (although this should accomodate a PE lession)

HotblackDesiato Mon 01-Sep-08 19:21:03

swapped mine around about 8 times a day from about 3 days after having them done. and left them out for ballet and PE. no probs.
was a little more careful with DD1s though.

Snippety Mon 01-Sep-08 22:55:17

I've 9 piercings in each ear so feel somewhat qualified to answer grin. I'd say it would be fine to take the original ear ring out and replace with a stud. I've never had a problem with this even a couple of weeks after the piercing - mine have all been done with a needle rather than a gun though and I wear surgical steel barbells rather than "fashion" ear rings. hmmI would have thought the PE lesson would be fine too. If they get sore again just bathe in a little hot salt water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now