Talk

Advanced search

I give up.

(11 Posts)
needtonamechangeforthis Sun 31-Aug-08 20:41:00

DH first and now DS: for the second time in 2 days they have both pointed out what a crap mother I am. I don't really want to enter into a discussion about it, but both of them in 2 days, they must be right. Makes me so sad, I could have dumped the DCs 24x7 with nannies/childminders (rather than juggling a part-time-but-stressful position , earnt a shed load more money - and given that I'm a crap parent, they'd have been better off both financially and emotionally. I really do give up.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 31-Aug-08 20:42:16

Well then, get out of your rut, get that dream job and fulfil your potential.

Turn this into a postive.

<<bangs gavel>>

Habbibu Sun 31-Aug-08 20:42:57

What's happened? How old are your DCs? Doesn't sound terribly supportive of your DH.

nell12 Sun 31-Aug-08 20:43:07

Dont listen to them... ds is repeating the hurtful things that dh said

How on earth are you a crap parent?

How unkind of them angry

Dragonbutter Sun 31-Aug-08 20:43:53

strike

Carmenere Sun 31-Aug-08 20:44:55

Ha, just because two of them have said that you are crap does NOT mean that they are right, it just means that they are ungrateful.

needtonamechangeforthis Sun 31-Aug-08 20:47:58

thanks. Sorry, can't write anymore tonight, am too upset. Will sleep on it and post tomorrow if I can make any sense of it all. Am still a bit shell-shocked.

pinkmunkee Tue 02-Sep-08 08:09:18

how you doing, namechanger? xx

needtonamechangeforthis Tue 02-Sep-08 22:04:59

Pinkmunkee, thanks so much for asking. Feel better than the other night, but parenting confidence at an all time low and finding it hard to talk to DH at the mo. Things pretty well back to normal with DS.

pinkmunkee Wed 03-Sep-08 08:15:11

Sorry to hear that. What a terrible thing! Hope you can find a way to talk it through with your DH soon. You never know, he may make you feel better?

Glad things are good with your DS. Children do talk nonsense sometimes. We're all imperfect mums here, just doing our best. xx

mou Wed 03-Sep-08 08:35:52

woudn't take too much notice of DS as most say something like that every time they don't get their own way...whatever age! but DH? would have to take issue and ask for more support cos you definately not going to be at your best if your self esteem is on the floor.
bet you are not a crap mum, none of the mnetters are cos we all admit we need help from time to time and thats a brave thing to do in my opinion. hope you don't mind me posting on your thread and hope you have a better day.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now