Talk

Advanced search

Taking 5 month old baby to the cinema? Too loud?

(16 Posts)
starkadder Sun 31-Aug-08 09:58:06

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question or not, but am hoping for some help. Do people think it is OK to take a 5 month old baby to the cinema - not a special parent baby screening (live in Spain where they don't seem to have those) - or will it be too loud for his little ears? I am not TOO worried about him making a fuss as I'll just feed him if so (!) but I don't want to hurt his little ears and I'm not sure if parent-baby screenings in the UK have the volume lower. Really want to see Batman and don't want to leave him with anyone else as (a) we don't really know anyone well enough and (b) I think he's teething and therefore he's been waking up a lot more than usual.

littlelapin Sun 31-Aug-08 10:03:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sun 31-Aug-08 10:04:31

Been to see Batman, its very loud. Sorry!

RubySlippers Sun 31-Aug-08 10:04:46

agree with LL

also it is very long

PavlovtheCat Sun 31-Aug-08 10:06:23

Yes, too loud.

starkadder Sun 31-Aug-08 10:07:32

OOh though, just found this [http://www.childrenfirst.nhs.uk/families/experts/h/hearing_loud-environment.html article]]. Does this mean it's OK? Please?

starkadder Sun 31-Aug-08 10:08:06

I mean []http://www.childrenfirst.nhs.uk/families/experts/h/hearing_loud-environment.html THIS article]]

starkadder Sun 31-Aug-08 10:08:18

doh

starkadder Sun 31-Aug-08 10:08:42

HERE at last

littlelapin Sun 31-Aug-08 10:10:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Libra1975 Sun 31-Aug-08 10:17:51

Went to mother and baby showing of Batman on Wednesday, the lights were up but I would be very surprised if the sound was any lower, I thought it was too loud for adults but my LO slept and fed thru it and there were other 4-6 month olds there.
If you are worried why don't you get him a pair if ear defenders at 5 months I think he is old enough to wear them

www.bambinogoodies.co.uk/peltor-kids-ear-defenders/

Bumperlicious Sun 31-Aug-08 10:25:02

Agree with everyone else, it'll be too loud and it's very long. It's annoying for you though, isn't it. It's one of the things you really can't do with a baby. It's not as much fun but can you and DH take it in turns in going on your own? Or invite a friend and leave DS with DH. Might be the perfect opportunity to get to know someone better (obv not in the cinema, but it gets the ball rolling).

starkadder Sun 31-Aug-08 13:13:06

Hmm thanks for your answers everyone Of course I only want to listen to Libra1975, haha, but perhaps I had better make better arrangements...

PortAndLemon Sun 31-Aug-08 13:16:43

Went to mother-and-baby screening of Batman with DD when she was nearly 4 months, and that was fine. The lights weren't all the way down, though, and I suspect the sound was turned down (at least, I didn't find it "very loud").

starkadder Sun 31-Aug-08 14:17:35

I think I might try , actually. As long as it won't actually hurt him - I think he'll let me know if he is upset by it and if that happens I'll just leave and will have wasted 7euros, not the end of the world...

starkadder Sun 31-Aug-08 17:48:42

WELL, we gave it a go and he was as good as gold, and is now in a VERY good mood, having fed all the way through. however, I don't think I'll be repeating it again as I was so worried about him getting stressed that I got a bit stressed and couldn't follow the story at all! Also my arm went completely numb. So...baby fine, enjoyment of film not great..! Thanks again everyone for your answers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now