Talk

Advanced search

I know I haven't got PND so why can't I ......

(7 Posts)
octavia Fri 29-Aug-08 18:37:28

Be happy to be around my babies.My eldest brother pointed this out to me earlier on.He said I seem to be going through the motions with them,doing what I have to do and then leave them to it or to other people to make a fuss of them.I don't have the same feelings for them as my eldest son and I do find it difficult to be affectionate with my daughter,although I'm slightly better with her brother according to dh.The twins were a bit of a suprise but I wasn't unhappy about it.When my eldest son was 6 my ds2 died of cot death, I then had a misscarriage at 14weeks.I didn't want my son to be an only child so why am I like this.

donnie Fri 29-Aug-08 18:38:41

you may well be depressed - I think you should talk to someone.

ThatBigGermanPrison Fri 29-Aug-08 18:40:16

Sounds like you are terrified of bonding 'too much' in case they get taken too sad

luckylady74 Fri 29-Aug-08 18:42:15

it may not be pnd - it could be depression linked to bereavement. Your behaviour sounds very depressive to me and I think counselling and or medication could be very helpful for you and then your family.

slim22 Fri 29-Aug-08 18:44:45

you know what it is.

you tell us about ds2 bless his soul. that's more than many would say.

Please don't stick your head in the sand and do get counseling.

take care

PortAndLemon Fri 29-Aug-08 18:49:02

How do you know you don't have PND? It sounds like a very distinct possibility.

octavia Fri 29-Aug-08 21:08:58

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now