Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed on how not to show my jealousy/insecurity to my dcs?

(7 Posts)
oldgreeneyes Thu 28-Aug-08 12:19:27

My ex has a new baby with a new lady friend and she also has other children. My dcs have recently been visiting their new sibling - quite rightly but I am finding it difficult not show my jealousy of the situation or my insecurity.

Others who have been there - any tips - I so dont want to mar my dcs experience of their new sibling - does it get easier?

Thanks smile

mumblechum Thu 28-Aug-08 12:21:36

I think you need to explain what you feel jealous about.

Is it that you still love your ex and are upset that he's moved on?

Or that you wish you had a new baby?

Or something else altogether?

oldgreeneyes Thu 28-Aug-08 12:39:17

I dont wish I had the baby - but the baby was the reason for our break up - he had an affair.

The kids are very excited when the get back from there and I suppose I just feel left out of the loop kind of like they prefer being there to being at home with me - daft maybe but its how I feel.

My ex and I are still very good friends its all very amicable and he is a great dad to all his kids.

CrushWithEyeliner Thu 28-Aug-08 12:43:53

`I feel for you sad I think it is understandable you feel this way. I also think you are amazing for keeping things amicable if I read things correctly and the reason he left was that she was PG whilst he was with you.

smallwhitecat Thu 28-Aug-08 12:48:47

Message withdrawn

oldgreeneyes Thu 28-Aug-08 13:29:01

maybe I am but I would dearly love to hear from anyone who has been in my shoes - not exactly - maybe divorced etc - my ex is very much a family man - maybe not very loyal but I could never deny my dcs the right to know their new sibling.

Just want a few tips on how to bite my tongue when all I want to ask is what is she like what is her house like - does daddy treat her kids like he is their daddy!! I know its sounds pathetic but I am hoping it will get easier.

New baby does come to us to like I say ex and I are very grown up about it !!!

oldgreeneyes Thu 28-Aug-08 15:45:29

There must be someone out there with some worthy advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now