Talk

Advanced search

Please help me work out my DD!!!!!!!!

(3 Posts)
teetree Wed 27-Aug-08 21:18:06

Hi all,
I would love some useful feedback on my DD's behaviour as I consider it to be not normal at all and as she starts school in a couple of weeks it is a worry to me:

* doesn't like other kids and when at nursery prefers to be alone most of the time.
* Doesn't smile much really
* Is very strong and can lift very heavy things!
* Disobedient and unruly
* Likes to hurt our pets but at the same time can be very concerned about them
* Hates change and loves routine.
* Doesn't like to look at me directly much
* has few social skills
* No road sense and enjoys running out into the road
* Very attached to her bunny and will never ket it out of sight
The list is longer most probably, these are off the top of my head. Tell me if I have a normal child and I am just comparing to my eldest who yes she has her moments but is generally ok to control and seems a well adjusted child!

Please help!!

QueenyEisGotTheBall Wed 27-Aug-08 21:24:36

have you spoken to your health visitor about your DDs behaviour? from what you have said it sunds as if she may need a behavioural review. especially is she is so different in behaviour to your DD1. FWIW some of the behavioural problems you have mentioned are common on the autistic spectrum but it would be impossible for someone to 'diagnose' her without seeing her behaviour for themselves iyswim. it might be worth talking to your HV or GP about your fears/concerns as she will almost certainly struggle if placed in the wrong environment for her learning/behavioural needs. good lucksmile
xx ei xx

juuule Wed 27-Aug-08 21:26:09

Is she about 4 then if she starts school soon?

The things you've listed sound reasonably normal to me. Although I'm not there to witness them and under what circumstances they happen or how often so can't judge too well obviously. Something is making you wonder about her though so if you are concerned why not have a chat with your hv or gp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now