Talk

Advanced search

8 week injections due on Tuesday

(5 Posts)
jojoisamum Wed 27-Aug-08 09:23:21

How can I expect DS to react to these after?

We have some calpal in the house but is he likely to be upset, cross, sleepy - what?

I know he won't be happy at the time!

wahwah Wed 27-Aug-08 09:32:07

Depends entirely on your child. Both of mine were fine and I didn't need to break open the Calpol. Dd a little warm after 12 week jab, but soon recovered.

hedgehog1979 Wed 27-Aug-08 10:05:48

DS had these last week and was grizzley afterwards but more due to hunger - he had gone 3.5 hours between feeds.

Every child reacts differently. I found it was worse when we came to bath him in the evening and took the cotton wool off his legs and there was a little bit of blood on it sad

bubblagirl Wed 27-Aug-08 10:16:02

my ds went very sleepy and slept for about an hour but was fine cried when injection went in stopped when it came out

all children are different i did give my ds calpol just in case but dont think he really needed it made me feel better incase his legs hurt

zuleyka Fri 29-Aug-08 16:01:58

DS had his a couple days ago. For hours afterwards he would briefly doze off then wake up screaming his head off again. I'd never seen him so upset. Lots of cuddles and by early evening he was back to his usual self.
(Though he still looks panicky whenever his pants come off :/)

He slept much longer stretches than usual that night. We got liquid paracetamol for him in case he had a fever but we didn't need to use it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now