Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

DS1 due any day, DD1 has started having accidents, waking in the night etc

(2 Posts)
jennieflower Tue 26-Aug-08 11:51:31

DD is 5.5 years old, and we had problems getting her night time routine sorted, she was 3 before she properly slept through the night but since then she's been fine. She was also fully dry at 2 years old...

I started maternity leave last week, so she's been at home with me instead of at the childminders or at school. For the last 5 or 6 days she's been wetting herself several times a day, she's also been coming into our room and getting in bed with us in the night. Last night she got into our bed again and was doing the usual kicking and pulling the covers off me angry so after a while I sent her back to her own bed. Within half an hour she came back to tell me she'd wet the bed so I had to get up and change the sheets and put her back to bed.

She's already wet herself twice today, she doesn't seem to have a water infection so I think it's probably psychological. I've given her loads of reassurances about her place in the family etc and what's going to happen when the baby comes so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.

If anyone can offer any advice I'd be grateful!

Vinegar Tue 26-Aug-08 12:36:49

It's strange you should be posting this message, as we have been going through similar issues with dd. She is 5 and a half and my second dd was born three weeks ago. DD1 has been going to the toilet for a wee every 15 mins since dd2 was born. At first we thought it was a urinary infection(especially as she is prone to them), but the tests came out clear. She is not drinking excessively, so don't think it is diabetes. Have spoken to the health visitor and she thinks it is psychological. She seems a bit better when occupied, but it is really frustrating. We have been trying to give her lots of attention, especially dh who is off on paternity leave. She loves her little sister and is very affectionate with her, but it must be a stressful time for her and it seems to be manifesting itself this way. No advise really, just to say that we are going through something similar and hopefully it will be something that will be resolved with time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now