Talk

Advanced search

How old for cinema on their own

(4 Posts)
BalloonSlayer Sat 23-Aug-08 13:33:25

Took DCs to see Clone Wars today.

Whit a loadae shite!

Trouble is, DS1 (8) loved it and would luurve to see it again.

Had the vague idea of inviting a friend of his along to see it with him, while DD and I go into another screening to watch something else.

But I feel he is too young. Or am I being too much of a helicopter mum. I think my friend and I used to go to Saturday Morning Pictures on our own at that age, and I would be in another auditorium nearby. He IS a bit scatty, the sort who was likely to come out for a wee and forget how to get back in again.

bellavita Sat 23-Aug-08 13:41:50

You have to judge your own child on this one I think ie. are they the responsible type?

DS1 (was 11 in June) went swimming with his friend last week, with me dropping off and then going back to pick up. This was the first time I had let him do it, although to be fair he has never asked before. I would not do the same with DS2 (will be 9 in Nov).

I would have no qualms about the cinema either, but again, even with a friend, I would not let DS2 go into a screening even if I went to see something else.

mumeeee Sat 23-Aug-08 17:00:14

DD3 went to the cinema on her own when she was 8, But it was to a family morning and I dropped her off and picked her up.

birdinatent Sat 23-Aug-08 17:03:35

you do hve to judge individual children I think, but ds1 was 11 when I let him go to pics on his own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now