Talk

Advanced search

whta do i do- ds1 bit ds2 so hard he nealry broke the skin and.

(17 Posts)
oops Fri 22-Aug-08 17:43:31

Message withdrawn

oops Fri 22-Aug-08 18:10:59

Message withdrawn

Romy7 Fri 22-Aug-08 18:16:52

common i think to get a bit of testosterone rush at 5 ish. ds1 left a scar on dd1's arm, the only time he has ever bitten anyone in his life, at 5.
hugs, sorry. we just sat him down later and talked it through calmly and rationally, and made it absolutely clear it was totally unacceptable. on his own, no laughing opportunities.
i think they do sometimes get a rush of something or other and lose control a bit - you just have keep reminding himit is utterly unacceptable.
i was horrified tbh - i thought they lost the 'jaws' tendency as tots, and mine didn't ever bother at that age. either way, dd2 now sports a permanent scar, but ds1 hasn't ever done it again.
just thought it might help to know you aren't entirely alone lol!

oops Fri 22-Aug-08 19:22:03

Message withdrawn

oops Fri 22-Aug-08 19:44:14

Message withdrawn

Romy7 Fri 22-Aug-08 20:11:12

is he starting school this time? hopefully things will ease off when he gets into the normal routine in september? can you not remove ds2 if ds1 is in time out? even if it's putting the tv on to distract him? that way ds1 wouldn't be getting any hero worship or support and may calm down a little? yuk. roll on school.
where is he getting this from anyway? has he been playing with different kids or heard it somewhere else? they all get a bit poo/ stupid and rowdy, but best to work out how to get on top of it so it doesn't become a habit...
it's not that long ago that we were all advised to bite back grin so dh is obv old school.
we just played the 'truly appalled' card and refused to argue.
i would just tempt ds2 off with something good tbh, rather than the leave your brother alone' thing, it'll make ds1 realise he's missing out, and it'll make ds2 realise that if he's good, mummy is v nice! doesn't have to be sweets or tv, 'gosh ds2, look at this, it's lovely!' or read him a story, or let him help wash up....
parenting is such fun. grin

oops Fri 22-Aug-08 20:21:55

Message withdrawn

Romy7 Fri 22-Aug-08 22:04:09

i loathe power rangers. we don't watch it either, but somehow it spreads...
and the end of the school hols are a killer.
roll on term time - hope he's got a nice strict teacher coming up lol.
good luck x

oops Fri 22-Aug-08 22:06:54

Message withdrawn

Romy7 Fri 22-Aug-08 22:12:37

take them swimming in the morning.

work them really really hard and then let them choose a new dvd (not power rangers lol)

then you can have twenty minutes peace and quiet after lunch!

enjoy your evening!

foxythesnowfox Fri 22-Aug-08 22:22:09

aww, oops, I'm sorry.

I have two boys (6 and 5) and have seen much the same from my two. If it helps, you are not alone smile

It was a product of exhaustion. I'd put it down to that and leave it. If it happens again, then you might need to come up with a plan. Personally I like to make a massive fuss of DS2 and give him a treat. Yesterday he got to stay up with me in the evening after bedtime. I find this much more effective than any punishment I could dish out and then try to enforce.

DS1 lays into his siblings a lot. I have just discovered that all is not what it seems - DS2 has been starting a few of the rucks but is coming off worse.

Tis a tough job, and isn't helped by the bloody Power Rangers. DS1 has grown out of it now. Now its Kung Foo. hmm

oops Fri 22-Aug-08 23:16:26

Message withdrawn

Romy7 Sat 23-Aug-08 08:21:37

you'll have to suggest to dh that you have a girl next time lol.

and i am sooooooo glad we only had 1 boy! grin

it is much much different with a house full of blue - all pros and cons, but def livelier!

if it helps, i've written 'i have gone to the airport' in magnetic letters on the fridge before now...

hope you have a calm weekend xx

oops Sat 23-Aug-08 10:08:43

Message withdrawn

foxythesnowfox Sat 23-Aug-08 12:02:52

hmm, I went on to have a DD, and DS1 and DD1 often play beautifully together ....

It is tough going. I think 'tiger cubs' when they fight. All animals scrap with their siblings, don't they? Unless blood is drawn they can get on with it - but it helps that they are very close in age.

I was about to suggest keeping them out all day - but then remembered that's what started all this!

anyway, we're on the countdown til term starts so peace is imminent grin

failing that, a glass of wine with lunch can be most beneficial

<disclaimer: Foxythesnowfox is not advocating lunchtime drinking - unless its a really, really hard day! wink>

EffiePerine Sat 23-Aug-08 12:07:04

Do you have a garden you can bung them into?

also if you have space, can you set aside a room just for you, with no kids allowed? I dream of this... comfy wicker furniture and pale wallpaper and a nice low bookshelf with my favourite books and a tea service. Will prob never happen grin

am currently pg with DS2 so have all this to look forward to. Keep telling myself I never wanted a quiet house anyway...

oops Mon 25-Aug-08 06:37:30

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now