Talk

Advanced search

Smug mums

(81 Posts)
morningpaper Wed 16-Feb-05 21:00:32

- My dd says 'Thank you' about 500 times a day.
- Today she told me I was 'so beautiful'.
- She never wees in her pants.
- Dh was just complaining that his todger was sore from too much how's-your-father.

All true.

MarsLady Wed 16-Feb-05 21:01:09

my DH wishes lol

galaxy Wed 16-Feb-05 21:02:24

LOL

My dd did apoo in the big toilet today after just 17 days of being potty-trained

She behaved like an angel in the Albert Roux cafe at lunchtime

She did a 42 piece jugsaw in 20 minutes today

Then she buggared it all by telling singing "Mummy is stinky" to the tune of the Balamory theme whilst driving home

wobblyknicks Wed 16-Feb-05 21:02:24

LOL mp, you do realise that by posting this you invoked sod's law and tommorrow your dh will be pawing you for wotsit while your dd wets her pants, tells you you're ugly and doesn't thankyou for changing her afterwards!!

morningpaper Wed 16-Feb-05 21:03:53

Ahh galaxy, there is nothing better than when they are angelic in cafes! It is the Apex of Smug Mumness.

Elf1981 Wed 16-Feb-05 21:05:05

LOL at Galaxy.

My goddaugher is a bit like that. She can be absolutely amazing, but then she'll sing that me and DH smell of cheese!

wobblyknicks Wed 16-Feb-05 21:05:46

Was in a cafe the other day and there were 2 other toddlers wailing their heads off yet dd was giving all the OAPS and the staff angelic smiles. The smugness more than made up for the fact she'd been wailing all round town in her buggy and did the same when we got out of the caff

TinyGang Wed 16-Feb-05 21:06:04

Yeah, but she can drive galaxy?? You must feel smug about that

Lol at the 'Mummy is stinky..'song

snafu Wed 16-Feb-05 21:06:08

- my ds tidies up his own nappies and carries them downstairs to put them in the bin
- he prefers water to any other drink
- he prefers satsumas and blueberries to biscuits (I have graduated from the A. Karmel School Of Smugness)

ummmm....that's it.

wobblyknicks Wed 16-Feb-05 21:08:20

snafu, am with you there. 19mo dd tidies away her own changing mat, wipes etc and has done so for ages without me teaching her to. Her favourite foods are blueberries, apples and carrots and she will happily pass over a biscuit, crisps etc for one of them!!! Didn't realise I had so much to be smug about, will start wearing an annoying smug expression when I go out now!!

galaxy Wed 16-Feb-05 21:08:32

Oops: Jigsaw not Jugsaw and I was driving (honest)

Twiglett Wed 16-Feb-05 21:08:35

I was walking down our high street last week and was stopped by 3 different people within 10 minutes who each wanted to tell me me how much my 9 month old DD was grinning at them from her buggy

(and I saw loads of other faces just breaking into smiles back at her)

she does that, she just grins at people, its quite hysterical

Slinky Wed 16-Feb-05 21:09:19

a. Have been told today that DD2 is far too bright for Reception, and has been placed in the Year 6 class.

b. Delightful DS1 has taken clothes out of the dryer and ironed/put away for me

galaxy Wed 16-Feb-05 21:09:52

oh and she wont drink anything other than water and milk
tidies her toysa away before bedtime

Charms the pants off every shop assistant she meets, especially the ones in Russell and Bromley today when buying shoes

But she still sang that I'm stinky

Twiglett Wed 16-Feb-05 21:09:57

Reception to year 6??? really ??

this is supposed to be a true thread

Slinky Wed 16-Feb-05 21:11:04

Twiglett

pinkdiamond Wed 16-Feb-05 21:11:07

Message withdrawn

wobblyknicks Wed 16-Feb-05 21:11:11

twiglett - enjoy it, my dd used to do it 24/7 but now she will sometimes but the rest of the time she just stares at people with that blank 'horror movie' freak-you-out expression.

goreousgirl Wed 16-Feb-05 21:14:12

I'm too drunk to get this thread - but I LOVE life at the moment and love my babies (9mo and 5 yrs) so I'M IN too .....

jane313 Wed 16-Feb-05 21:22:10

My 20 month old son only drinks water and milk, loves tidying, does 10 piece jigsaws and can recognise the number 2. He smiles at everyone, plays boo with shop assistants and always behaves well in restaurants and cafes and the doctors.

We just don't mention the lack of fruit and veg intake and temper tantrums if he isn't fed cheese on demand or allowed to eat playdough.

toomanypushchairs Wed 16-Feb-05 21:23:30

My twin boys say please and thank you without being told to, they say 'your welcome'if someone thanks them(which is very cute!) I started potty training them last tuesday and we've had no puddles since thursday.They tell me they love me everyday. the rest of the time, they fight, they pull things off the kitchen side, they take and eat things out of the fridge, they turn the dishwasher on, they pull plugs out, turn the stereo on and off, grab my drink,pull the washing off the radiators, poke their older siblings with their forks at teatime, don't eat, if I ask them to give me whatever they've got they run and either throw it over the babygate, in the sink or down the back if the setee. I'm shattered but I do love them!

Bozza Wed 16-Feb-05 21:23:44

DD (9mo) was woken up after 5 minutes of nap to be taken to the clinic and weighed. And waited for 1 HOUR in the surgery very happily playing with me and her clothes and smiling at old lades - several of whom said she was lovely/beautiful.

She hid me with her jumper yesterday to play peek-a-boo and herself with her trousers today.

DS (3.11 and a lot) said "that looks lovely" when I presented him with a kiwi fruit and two sliced plums tonight and then rapidly ate the lot.

DD also rapidly ate brocolli in cheese sauce, peas as finger food, grated apple, mashed pear and chopped strawberries, plus raisins as finger food for supper (ie after 3 meals at nursery).

DS asks to be let down from the table so he can help unload the dishwasher/load the washing machine.

To add a Galaxy-style note of realism:
DD refuses to sit down and I have to resort to a rugby tackle with her.
DS laughed and said "thats a funny belly button" when I was feeling proud of having managed to squash back into my pre-both babies Levis.

morningpaper Wed 16-Feb-05 21:31:56

DD (2 - did I mention that already?) noticed that my friend had a new blouse today and said, "Oh I really like your shirt!" !!!

smnug smug smug

givenupforlent Wed 16-Feb-05 21:37:05

According to my ds Kylie is ugly but I am pretty

Dior Wed 16-Feb-05 21:42:31

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now