Talk

Advanced search

What would be a good present for an 11 year old boy?

(7 Posts)
naturelover Wed 20-Aug-08 08:32:26

My friend just had another baby and her DS is now an older brother with a big age gap. I want to buy him a present so he doesn't feel left out. But he's overseas so it needs to be light to post. And I haven't a clue what 11 year old boys like! I was thinking of a tshirt but I have no idea what's "trendy" at that age. Help! If you can recommend a shop even better.

Thank you

herbietea Wed 20-Aug-08 08:37:44

Message withdrawn

pofaced Wed 20-Aug-08 08:49:48

Ask his mum: some 11 year olds like airfix which are light to post and think clothes of any kind don't qualify as presents (you need them anyway iyswim!) but others would love t-shirts and hate airfixes... I have DNs of 11 in both camps!

TheDevilWearsPrimark Wed 20-Aug-08 08:52:53

an i tunes voucher?

slayerette Wed 20-Aug-08 08:56:27

Does it have to be a 'thing' or would he appreciate an itunes gift card or a voucher of some sort? You could send it in a really nice card. Or what about an Amazon gift voucher - lightest of all to deliver?! grin

slayerette Wed 20-Aug-08 08:56:55

x-post, DWP!

naturelover Wed 20-Aug-08 08:58:31

I like the idea of an Amazon voucher. But I will have a look at Next tshirts later on. I'll be there anyway for a baby gift for her little girl.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now