Talk

Advanced search

If you ahve older children, and your next door neighbour has younger children, do you let them play together?

(7 Posts)
saltire Tue 19-Aug-08 20:01:12

Do you feel obliged to let them play together because you are neighbours?

Earlybird Tue 19-Aug-08 20:24:49

Do they want to play together? Do they play nicely? If yes to both, can't see the downside.

Why do you ask?

claricebeansmum Tue 19-Aug-08 20:25:39

I would let them play but DC do not particularly like the neighbours children so we keep them at arms length.

PussinWellies Tue 19-Aug-08 20:28:06

Mine do, sort of, but I get pretty twitchy about it, to be honest. My garden is no longer toddler-proof, and I seem to have lost the eyes-in-the-back-of-the-head that you need with younger children.

MissisBoot Tue 19-Aug-08 20:31:09

Neighbour is 8 and dd is 3 - they play really nicely together - am sure neighbour will get bored of dd soon!

southeastastra Tue 19-Aug-08 20:48:56

my neighbour just lets her three children wander in to my garden all the time to play with my son. she doesn't know me at all, i might be a right weirdo for all she knows.

MrsMattie Tue 19-Aug-08 20:50:32

Nextdoor's kids are 9 and 6. My DS is 3. I'm happy for them to play together (supervised) in either one of our gardens. He adores them and they find him hilarious, so why not?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now