Talk

Advanced search

When did you have your first night out without DB?

(8 Posts)
Flossam Tue 15-Feb-05 22:18:11

I've been invited out the weekend after next. DS will be nearly 16 weeks by then, but the furthest I've so far been away from him is the post office! I'm thinking that seeing as he is normally settled between 7 and 11 ish, DP is happy for me to and provided I can express enough milk is there any reason not to go? When did you first go out? Did you enjoy yourself or regret going and just miss DB? I'd love to hear to help me decide.

CarrieG Tue 15-Feb-05 22:24:03

Go, go, go! Longer you leave it, the harder it'll get to tear yourself away.

Very good for dp too! If he's anything like my dh he'll be MUCH more confident afterwards & it breaks that 'oooh you do it, I'd only get it wrong' impasse...

Flossam Tue 15-Feb-05 22:27:26

That sounds very familiar actually carrie...!

Angeliz Tue 15-Feb-05 22:33:37

DD was about 5 months and i went to a wedding of a girl i used to work with.
I was VERY nervous and on the phone all night checking. (dd was of course fine without me ).
Once i'd chilled and the Bride told me how pleased she was i'd come then i had a lovely time

Go and let your hair down, it makes being a mammy all the more enjoyable afterwards.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Feb-05 22:35:33

I went to a party when the DTs were 6 weeks old. I fed them well and knew that they would sleep for about 4 hours. They did as well. I also went to a funeral when they were 3 weeks old. Did the same thing with the feeding.

melon1 Tue 15-Feb-05 22:36:41

DD was about 3 moths when I left her for the first time and I really missed her. She's now 5 months and I feel quite guilty because I can't wait to get out to have a break!

Fran1 Tue 15-Feb-05 22:37:09

dd was about three months. I was bf too and very very nervous about leaving her. I did manage to enjoy myself but it was a whole different feeling to pre-children going out. But that doesn't last!! Once you've done it you'll know he's going to be fine.

CarrieG Tue 15-Feb-05 22:59:51

Good idea to do it for something that isn't THAT important...ie. drinks or meal locally, with understanding friends, whereby you could dash home if emergency call on mobile (not that there'll be one, because dp will have everything under control).

Then you've got the initial scariness out of the way before something you REALLY want to do comes up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now