Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Right that's it, we need some reins...

(14 Posts)
EffiePerine Mon 18-Aug-08 10:44:05

DS is objecting more and more to the pushchair. Problem is, he's easily distracted with a tendency to bolt, v v fast and heavy (he's on the 91st percentile) and is often mistaken for a 3 or 4 year old). He was walking with DH today and tried to get into the road shock, DH stopped him but yanked on his wrist which is now sore .

We've got one of those backpack thingies but the reins aren't long or sturdy enough. Any recommendations for sturdy reins for the equaivalent of a large labrador puppy?

giddly Mon 18-Aug-08 10:54:21

Mothercare ones are very strong and secure, but don't have a very long "lead" bit which is a bit irritating, and would be a problem if you're tall.

EffiePerine Mon 18-Aug-08 10:55:01

DH and I are both tall so could be a problem...

savoycabbage Mon 18-Aug-08 10:57:31

I got leather reins as they are strong. I got them at John Lewis.

First though I made the mistake of typing 'leather reins' into a search engine which came up with all sorts of interesting things.

giddly Mon 18-Aug-08 10:59:03

Lol SC!

EffiePerine Mon 18-Aug-08 11:11:46

oh I like the John Lewis ones

how long is the strap?

Upwind Mon 18-Aug-08 12:02:09

Is it this leather one:

http://www.johnlewis.com/230415683/Product.aspx

grin at googling for leather reins!

nappyaddict Mon 18-Aug-08 12:18:53

the wrist links are longer than reins but reins more secure so we use reins with the wrist link tied to the lead on the reins iyswim. although ds won't wear them atm so is back in the buggy.

EffiePerine Mon 18-Aug-08 14:53:47

good tip re: the wrist rein

or one of those retractable dog leads might work wink

SoupDragon Mon 18-Aug-08 14:59:59

Oh, I've always been tempted to put the SmallDragons on an retractable dog lead Surely it's better than reins because it allows more freedom when appropriate... <<ponders making a version specifically for children>>

Upwind Mon 18-Aug-08 15:05:10

SoupDragon - you could get funding for your innovation by going on Dragon's Den and explaining how you can increase the mark up by 800% because they are targeted at DC

SoupDragon Mon 18-Aug-08 16:20:40

Make them gender specific and I'll be quids in!

eandh Mon 18-Aug-08 16:33:52

I have often wondered why someone hasnt invented retractable reins I'd buy them!

On another note we use mothercare ones but unclip one side so have a longer rein!

Alambil Mon 18-Aug-08 16:43:45

I got some Winnie Pooh leather ones from M-care. They're fully adjustable (cos DS was huge) and fit really well - nice big breastplate too so no bits of plastic digging in

here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now