Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

25th mth old prone to having a little hit of mummy from time to time

(10 Posts)
mummynumnum Sun 17-Aug-08 20:21:33

Think I am dealing with this ok, but as first time mum, keen to hear how others would. She does not do it hard, but seems to know its wrong and will always say sorry.

choufleur Sun 17-Aug-08 22:00:28

ds (28 months) does that a lot to me. if he does it repeatedly after being told not to he goes into time out, even if it's not particularly hard. its the principle that he shouldn't hit.

Wilkiepedia Sun 17-Aug-08 22:02:12

My DS (19 months) hits me in the face when he is frustrated or tired. Other than that is an angel. I put him in his cot for a minute and then go in and ask for a cuddle and sorry.

It might not be the best way but it seems to work. Agree with Choufleur, it doesn't matter if it's not hard.

I ignore it if he hits my legs.

tigana Sun 17-Aug-08 22:04:55

ds spent most of last summer ( just before and after turning 2) walloping me and pulling my hair hmm. Made me cry a few times from the pain!

Being told not to, by me and DH, and 'time out' (sitting at a distance from us) etc and persistence and time passing all seemed to help.

mummynumnum Mon 18-Aug-08 08:52:30

I do put her down and say no and then waut for a sorry, but wondered if just putting her outside of the room where we can see her would help?

Greatfun Mon 18-Aug-08 09:12:02

DD (now 3) went through a phase of this. I think I would just firmly hold her hand and say no until she was old enough for the naughty step (probably about 2ish). She will grow out of it. DD told me to shut up the other day shock so there is always something to deal with!

Elk Mon 18-Aug-08 09:59:36

Both my dd's have done this. I have always said 'no' in a firm voice and walked away from them. dd1 only did it twice. dd2 seems to have stopped now (30 months).

Poppychick Mon 18-Aug-08 12:08:22

DS does this (19mths) he hits me, Daddy and DD with toys, smacks with his hands.

We do time out and make him say sorry but not sure how much it is working.

mummynumnum Mon 18-Aug-08 15:53:44

Sounds like doing the right sort of things.

mummynumnum Tue 19-Aug-08 08:44:57

Is 2ish a good age to have a naughty step?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now