Talk

Advanced search

so what would you have done???

(10 Posts)
bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 15-Aug-08 21:50:24

today whilst on a day out
DS1 was playing at a play area, he shook the chain ladder that another little boy was climbing. I pulled him to one side and told him that was not asseptible behaviour. wink
If he did anything like that again we would have to leave.
He climbed to the top of the ladder and said sorry to the boy.

the mother stared at me so I said, sorry he is just abit over excited today.
she said nothing.

so DS1 is playing round and goes in a play house where this little boy is (they were about the same age) and the little boy pins DS1 up against the wall, waves a fist in his face and says I'm gonna punch you in the face.
DS1 winced,
The other mother stepped forward and said "come on lets go"
As the boy leaves he punches DS1 in the tummy hard enough to leave DS1 crying.

I gave DS1 a hug he said we had to go home because the children here are horrid and after a little chat he was fine.

SOOOOOOOOO

with hindsight I have 2 thoughts.
I wish she had encouraged her little boy to apologise

I think they left because she didn't know what to do and was a bit embarraseed having been so snotty with me about some wobbling of the ladder.

Any other thoughts?

3Ddonut Fri 15-Aug-08 21:53:15

God!!!! I'd have been livid! Your poor ds! I don't know what I would have done, except perhaps, get away from them as quick as possible and reassure your ds that it has nothing to do with him. Poor kid, it's probably what he's used to sad How old is your ds?

chankins Fri 15-Aug-08 21:53:39

I think you are right !
Horrible child ! The other one, obviously, not yours. You were very good telling him off for shaking the ladder, I probably would not have noticed that !

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 15-Aug-08 21:54:21

DS1 is 4 and I think the other child is about the same age

amateurmum Fri 15-Aug-08 21:54:48

I think you did exactly right - you should bask in your superior parenting skills!

MrsSnape Fri 15-Aug-08 21:57:52

What a horrible little thug! Did the woman look embarrassed when he did it? I'd have been mortified.

(had to laugh at the 'asseptible' thing though grin )

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 15-Aug-08 21:58:14

I didn't defend my son, I don't feel superior at all..

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 15-Aug-08 21:59:31

she didn't look bothered but she was firm that they had to leave NOW.

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 15-Aug-08 22:15:45

bump

MrsSnape Fri 15-Aug-08 22:25:41

To be honest I would have probably said something to the mother after he hit my son. It wouldn't have been the best way to deal with it but I have a complete intolerance of thuggish behaviour, especially from small kids.

The way you've described it, it sounds like the woman wanted to "do a runner" incase you did start on her? either way she should definately have said something to her son at the time and made him apologise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now