Talk

Advanced search

How do you stop toddlers helping with the typing when you're on MN?

(13 Posts)
ajm200 Fri 15-Aug-08 17:22:18

I'm convinced that everyone on here must think that I'm stupid as my messages are full of typos and sometimes are missing whole words. I also end op with some double postings too

The problem I have is that my 20 month old insists on 'helping'. He bashes the keyboard so that I have to constantly edit my messages until I end up submitting something that is full of errors

How do you manage?

theinsider Fri 15-Aug-08 17:24:51

is;s dsiuo iouas clkl8 ds978 dcv [gt6n}

smallwhitecat Fri 15-Aug-08 17:25:12

Message withdrawn

MaureenMLove Fri 15-Aug-08 17:26:18

Put the child on the floor and my foot on its head!grin

Obviously I'm joking! I don't know the answer though. I don't have a little one to get in the way! I type badly all by my very self! grin

LippyGobshite Fri 15-Aug-08 17:27:02

Put your laptop somewhere high, or start to wash your toddler's face with a very cold very wet flannel as they type. They will soon be too fearful to approach.

LippyGobshite Fri 15-Aug-08 17:27:52

lol Maureen

Obviously, I'm lying.

I never wash toddlers' faces.

bogie Fri 15-Aug-08 17:27:58

Try this one "thats great helping but you know what would be even more helpful" then give them a duster and tell them to dust for you and keep turning round saying wow your the best cleaner ever! wink

Works for abouut 2 mins with ds

RedHead81 Fri 15-Aug-08 17:28:12

I love the "W;EOIHYR KOIHT ;oaihert 43oih4987 q3oiht [94toih q[3o4ut]5iy] q[3o04iut ]pi34t]-0i q34t" typing! lol

My DS like to take the power supply out and my battery doesn't work so the computer instantly goes off - I take it as a hint to:

a. tidy up
b. cook tea
c. do some washing
d. all of above and more! lol

RedHead81 Fri 15-Aug-08 17:29:39

about the making of tea.... must do that now lol

and the washing needs to be brought in too! lol

smallwhitecat Fri 15-Aug-08 17:30:04

Message withdrawn

ginnny Fri 15-Aug-08 17:31:21

Tie them up in the corner out of reach of laptop grin
My problem is ds2 (8) sneaks up behind me and reads over my shoulder.

ajm200 Fri 15-Aug-08 17:36:17

My DH tried "Don't touch it's Daddy's" while pushing my son away. My son looked at him calmly and said, "Daddy share!". When Daddy continued to push him away, he reached up and powered the computer off.

DH was furious but I found it really funny and had a hard time keeping a straight face.

It shows that he knows the rules. If he doesn't play nicely, we take the toy away and he was only enforcing the rules with his Dad wink

catweazle Fri 15-Aug-08 17:37:09

You could do what I do/ did..

Sit at right angles to the computer so that toddler can't reach the keyboard, thus giving yourself RSI (again) and having to spend £76 you haven't got to the physiotherapist to sort it out hmm

..on second thoughts, no, you don't want to do that grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now