men dealing with poo

(24 Posts)
apostrophe Fri 15-Aug-08 14:11:30

Message withdrawn

Carmenere Fri 15-Aug-08 14:12:52

Mine is pretty good with poo <wonders what that says about him...>

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

forevercleaning Fri 15-Aug-08 14:13:40

nah not alone, mine hates it, and when on the few occassions he had to do a nappy he would wrap a scarf around his face, and gag his way through it!! grin

Dragonbutter Fri 15-Aug-08 14:14:08

your husband did a poo in the woods and you picked it up in a tissue?

MadreInglese Fri 15-Aug-08 14:17:38

"I put it in the garden for you to deal with when you came home"

What? The poo, the nappy or the child?

psychomum5 Fri 15-Aug-08 14:20:50

TMMJ, I thought you were meaning DH too, until your comment on mother-love...

DaDaDa Fri 15-Aug-08 14:23:34

Poo is no problem.

I am the Poo Master.

Hijack, DS (21 months) has started saying 'Bye bye Daddy/Mummy' and waving at us while pooing. He's still in nappies. Any ideas why that would be?

psychomum5 Fri 15-Aug-08 14:24:28

see.....that one simple word being missed changes the whole tone of the post!!!

Justthe3ofus Fri 15-Aug-08 14:33:50

God how my dh hates pooey nappies, will only be forced to do one if I am not there. If he does open a nappy and spies a big one, he will jump away like a snake is about to come out and bite him lol! And then tell me there's one for ME to do, even though I might be super busy at the time.

It's a man thing I think, strangely enough he can cope with vomit.

Tortington Fri 15-Aug-08 14:43:06

unless the pants cost a lot of money - i would bin them

Tortington Fri 15-Aug-08 14:43:27

whih didn't answer your question at all - my dh would bin them too

hughjarssss Fri 15-Aug-08 14:45:47

My dp is fab with pooey nappies and if he's in then he deals with them.

sitdownpleasegeorge Fri 15-Aug-08 14:48:51

apostrophe

bet you were looking forward to getting home last night !

you need to get v.cheap pants and then you can remove of "less than solid poo" filled ones by taking scissors to the sides and just disposing of them in a nappy sack.

pass this info to your dh and ask not to be bothered at work again unless it is important.

Acinonyx Fri 15-Aug-08 17:41:55

Yup - we buy the cheap pants then bin them.

We are both OK with poo. Just so wish dd (3) would potty train...

CuckooChocolateOrange Fri 15-Aug-08 17:44:59

I love it when they're big and solid fgs! It's when they're squishy and spread that I wince.

My children's Dad had them last week, and he has changed SO few nappies in his life, despite having two children under 6, that when they came back, DC2 had his nappy on with the picture at the back.

Kif Fri 15-Aug-08 17:47:12

my sons have an unerring knack for poo-ing when it's dh's turn for nappies.

I think he thinks I train them to do it!

Ds1 in particular specializes in explosive poos that escape nappy + trousers . [shudder]

CuckooChocolateOrange Fri 15-Aug-08 17:48:46

When I put on coffee, my son poos. So annoying. No sooner have I poured a fresh cup of coffee than I realise he's launched one. ARghghghgh.

yawningmonster Tue 19-Aug-08 11:33:14

ds is almost 4 now but dh was remarkable good at being absentee father when poo was involved, what I really, really hated when he did have to deal with it is how many wipe or bum flannels he managed to go through in order to clean it up....he would go through the entire pile of bum clothes for one poo and then start in on the emergency supply of wipes!!!

TrinityRhino Tue 19-Aug-08 11:36:43

my dh doesn't flinch or flapp at poo, pee, vomit, anything

He was also loved by allthe staff on the maternity ward when I was having dd2 as he was down at the business end(without fainting)and then he was discussing the intracasies(sp?) of the placenta with the midwife.

Whilst I was sucking on the gas and air still shreiking 'noooo, you'll never want to have sex with me again if you think that came out of me' hmm

minouminou Tue 19-Aug-08 13:30:44

heh heh
DP used to smear Vick's under his nose, and put earplugs in when changing DS' nappies at first (he was exclusively BF, too, so they weren't even offensive, really)
he used to make a real production of it, but now just gets on with it

Notyummy Tue 19-Aug-08 13:39:20

DH is better than me frankly. When dd was tiny and had explosive wind issues, she once decorated him with liquid poo from head to toe whilst he was changing her; there was a man shape clear spot on the nursery wall outlined with yellow poo, whilst he stood there dripping and giggling: 'Look, its like one of those those nuclear shadows.'

He intends to tell that story at her wedding... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now