Talk

Advanced search

Double pushchair advice needed.

(40 Posts)
Claireykitten Fri 15-Aug-08 10:32:17

I dont know if this is the right place to put this but I have just found out I am expecting DC2 and being the budding pramaholic that I am I have already started thinking double pushchairs and would really appreciate the advice of anyone with double pushchair experience. My DS will be 18-19 months when the baby arrives so will definitely still need to be in a pushchair, what I am basically wanting is advice/experiences to help decide what is the best route to take ie twin/tandem etc etc. I decided last night that a phil and teds seemed a really good idea as I like the fact that is the size of a single pushchair but having read some reviews it seems to have quite a few problems so what do all you wise MNetters advise?

Claire

tokentotty Fri 15-Aug-08 10:37:21

No advice but bumping for you as have the same pending dilemma !!

sweetkitty Fri 15-Aug-08 10:39:09

Phil and Teds no doubt

I had 18 months between DD1 and 2 and had a side by side Twin Aria (rubbish) and a Graco Stadium Duo (better but still rubbish) could go into all the reasons why but it's too long.

I have 2 1/2 years between DD2 and DD3 and have a P&T and it is fab, great to push etc

Claireykitten Fri 15-Aug-08 10:41:34

Thank you very much!!!

For some reason the idea of choosing a double is much more daunting than choosing DS's was. Although this may be because my choices obviously dont work as I changed DS's pram after 12 weeks and it was the worst decision I ever made so I no longer trust myself!!!

sweetkitty Fri 15-Aug-08 10:44:36

I'm the same I'm on pram number 5 for the same reason (not as bad as some on here)

P&T works for us as DD2 is older and sometimes walks and sometimes isn't there so ssingle to double works great for us. I wish I hadn't listened to DP who said he preferred a side by side when DD2 was born anf got a P&T

Claireykitten Fri 15-Aug-08 10:46:07

Sweetkitty how have you found the wheels puncturing and the basket getting ripped. Can I just ask as well does it collapse with the doubles kit attached? I can't remember now what the other problems were with the P&T but have you ever had any problems with it?

Claire

Claireykitten Fri 15-Aug-08 10:48:02

I know I'm not as bad as some on here but for some reason DH doesnt accept that as an excuse!

Celery Fri 15-Aug-08 10:50:04

P&T is nice, but I prefer the Out n About Nipper. Although wider, obviously, it is a fair bit lighter and I found it much easier to push, especially as the children got older and heavier. It also has much more inbuilt storage, and I preferred it for the newborn stage, and that awkard bit for a couple of months, when the baby is too old the lying flat bit, but not quite able to sit properly in the seat.

dilbertina Fri 15-Aug-08 10:51:10

Claire, there is a bit on double buggys in product reviews on here which may be worth a look....

tokentotty Fri 15-Aug-08 10:53:12

One of my friends has just got this for her newest addition (age gap 14 months). Waiting to hear her opinion but I think it looks pretty fab.

www.jusonne.co.uk/zoom-stroller-pushchair-buggy-new-for-2008-443-p.asp

ajm200 Fri 15-Aug-08 11:00:02

We are going for a side by side as several friends have tandems including the P&T and the child in the back gets very fed up when they are old enough to take notice of the world.

I need to keep both children amused as we walk up to 6 miles a day and I can't stand the thought of one or both screaming constantly

tokentotty Fri 15-Aug-08 11:04:20

Oooh a side by side would not work for me. DS1 would spend the entire time poking the new one !!

pgwithnumber3 Fri 15-Aug-08 11:12:20

I too am desperate with regards to what double pushchair to get. That Zoom one looks quite good (I will have a 17 month age gap). Let us know tokentotty what your friend thinks. Do you know if she has used it yet?

sweetkitty Fri 15-Aug-08 11:16:09

I haven't had a problem with punctures or ripped baskets but then again DD3 is only a month old. I do only see it lasting me about 6-9 months as DD2 will be 3 then and probably out a pram altogether so for us it's ideal.

A friend recently got an Easywalker Duo which has a newborn carrycot bit and I have heard great things about the Nipper 360 too but with our weight difference and given that DD2 is a thug a tandem is better for us. If you are getting a side by side get big tyres IYSWIM I found it really difficult to push up even small kerbs with a side by side and getting round shops was a nightmare.

tokentotty Fri 15-Aug-08 11:16:48

Am hoping to visit her this weekend so if I do I'll have a good old look at it. In principle it's the one for me as they both have space to lie down, the variety of options etc are marvellous etc. I just worry about the overall size of it and its manageability/manouverability.

pgwithnumber3 Fri 15-Aug-08 11:20:27

The toddler can't recline when they are sat in the front part of the P&T and the newborn is lying underneath can they? That could be a problem for me as well. Bloody hell, this is mindboggling, it was hard enough when I wanted to get a pram for DD2, never mind trying to find one that has two seats. I have a good mind to design a fantastic double pram and take the concept to Dragons Den!

sweetkitty Fri 15-Aug-08 11:21:10

Oh I have seen that Zoom before it looks mad.

bethoo Fri 15-Aug-08 11:32:08

zoom is gorgeous but way out my price bracket!
has anyone see nthe new p&t dash and vibe?

bethoo Fri 15-Aug-08 11:32:38

as they fold with the second seat

mamadiva Fri 15-Aug-08 11:49:12

how about a jane powertwin? They are really good.

I know someone who is selling an Emmaljunga cerox twin for £150 and it is fab! I liked it so much I bought the single LOL.

Claireykitten Fri 15-Aug-08 11:55:11

Does anyone know if there are any other pushchairs out there with the same idea as the P&T ie single size that you can add a toddler seat to?

Claire

Claireykitten Fri 15-Aug-08 11:58:15

Have to say I have just been looking at the Powertwin on the web but DH doesnt like Janes he has always found them badly made particularly for the price you pay for them.

I absolutely LOVE the look of an Emmaljunga but am I right in thinking that they are absolutely HUGE in general and particularly when collapsed?

caykon Fri 15-Aug-08 12:09:17

I have a powertwin and it is great

sweetkitty Fri 15-Aug-08 12:51:44

P&T Vibe looks fab but DP would have never agreed to £500+ pram for 6 months or so.

I did look at a Mutsy Urban Rider that you can attach a toddler seat too (have a look on ebay) someone on MN said they are a bit bulky though

Skimty Fri 15-Aug-08 13:01:21

I'm getting a marco sky light longhorn.

It wasn't too expensive for a double and seems to be compact. Plus it's also a travel system and the handles extend for DH (6ft5).

It hasn't arrived yet - due to be shipped from Germany at the end of the month. I'll let you know what I think.

here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now