Talk

Advanced search

Probably a stupid question about haircuts but I'll ask it anyway....

(10 Posts)
preggersplayspop Thu 14-Aug-08 21:17:02

My DS is nearly 15 mo and his hair is quite long now (and often covered in food) so I have been thinking about trimming it.

I hacked trimmed his fringe once but it was a bit wonky as he didn't stay still for long, so I am a bit worried about trying to do the whole thing myself. He is not the kind to sit still quietly while I take the scissors to it, so I wondered what other people do? Should I be starting to think about taking him to a hairdresser or do other people tend to stick to mummy-cuts until they are a bit older?

DaDaDa Thu 14-Aug-08 21:18:43

Cbeebies is your friend.

preggersplayspop Thu 14-Aug-08 21:23:51

I wish he would sit still long enough to watch Cbeebies - he just tries to turn the telly on and off! He seemed to quite like the Olympic gymnastics though!!

denbury Thu 14-Aug-08 21:24:37

my 2 year old hates sitting still but loves sitting still for the hairdresser. they tend to be better for someone else!!!(i also did some diy haircuts but it did look bad!!)

squeaver Thu 14-Aug-08 21:25:27

Go to the hairdresser.

EffiePerine Thu 14-Aug-08 21:25:30

Bathtime?

DS jusst had his first proper haircut (i.e. not Daddy hacking off his curls with the clippers) at 22 mo. He didn't kick up as much fuss as expected.

preggersplayspop Thu 14-Aug-08 21:32:41

Bathtime could be a good tactic, limited room to wriggle around I suppose. I'm a bit worried it will look a complete state after the fringe episode but worried about taking him to the hairdresser as well - he wouldn't even get his feet measured without screaming the place down. My mum is coming to visit soon, I guess I could get her to hold him down for me grin.

EffiePerine Thu 14-Aug-08 21:38:02

or <cunning plan> get your mum to take him to the hairdressers

our CM took DS and he was fine - if I'd been there he would have been impossible grin

preggersplayspop Thu 14-Aug-08 21:42:00

Now that sounds like an idea...he does tend to behave himself when my mum is there, and I get some time to myself as an added bonus! Thanks, EffiePerine.

EffiePerine Thu 14-Aug-08 21:43:09

and just think how proud your mum will be for taking him for his first haircut

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now