Talk

Advanced search

What's a great birthday present for a 10 year old dd?

(10 Posts)
Spidermama Thu 14-Aug-08 16:04:20

I'm getting her a housekey cut with a nice key ring.

I don't think there's much point in a mobile, even though she wants one, because her friends don't have them and anyway she can call them on the landline.

I wondered about an iPod but I'm so crap at downloading music that I might not be able to help her.

I need some inspiration please. 10 is a big one.

bigTillyMint Thu 14-Aug-08 18:33:13

Watching with interest as my DD hits double figures next birthday.

What about a load of dosh and a girly shopping trip to buy a new outfit or two?

RubyRioja Thu 14-Aug-08 18:34:50

I was thinking bike

nancy75 Thu 14-Aug-08 18:37:48

i bought my god daughter an ipod for her tenth birthday recently, i did have reservations about how easy it would be to download music on to it, but after an hour of the 10 year old showing us me and her mum are experts!
she was really pleased with the ipod and i have found to my shame that she like most 10 year olds are much better at computer stuff than me.

desperatehousewifetoo Thu 14-Aug-08 18:39:36

Charm bracelet that you can buy charms for each year?

Dynamicnanny Thu 14-Aug-08 18:50:11

What about a nice journal,

this looks pretty

or some accessories from accessorise like some bangles

this looks good
this is fab
got these for my birthday
cool

Or this sunds strange but buy a packet of card anad paper from the paper mill as she might like drawing, craft, painting, making books. lots of cool stuff

I got my 11 year old "friend" A throw for her bed and some cushions to give her room a grown up look - you can pick up some lovely throws from Tesco - got a lovely soft cream throw on my bed , for a brown cosy one from woolies too - cushions are pretty cheap from places like Wilkinsons

Hope that helps

Spidermama Fri 15-Aug-08 23:24:59

Mmm thanks. I like the bedding idea Dynamic. I think DD would too.

iPod and bedding. I will have to invite BIL who works in IT over for her first downloading session though.

christywhisty Sat 16-Aug-08 10:28:00

My DD got a few horse riding lessons for her 10th. Enough to get her to cantering on a weekly basis(about 6), then she could have anymore lessons occasionally. I didn't think 10 was a special birthday.
As for ipod, any self respecting 10 year old has no problems downloading music.

ChinaInMyHands Sat 16-Aug-08 14:52:39

A laptop? this is what I am getting DS next birthday (he will also be 10)

trefusis Sat 16-Aug-08 15:03:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now