Talk

Advanced search

how soon did you ...........................

(27 Posts)
lilsmum Mon 14-Feb-05 21:28:22

ok the question is...how soon did you concieve your 2nd child once you decided to go for it?

Yorkiegirl Mon 14-Feb-05 21:29:35

Message withdrawn

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 21:29:38

I didn't try and never have. Ds was 10 months when I found out I was having dd. We threw caution to the wind once and now have our gorgeous 5 and a half year old!

mishi1977 Mon 14-Feb-05 21:31:03

i concieved no 2 in first month but unfortunatly pip died at 9wks..so am now trying again and in the first month so am hoping will be in next couple of months

Twiglett Mon 14-Feb-05 21:31:07

2 years or so but then we had a problem and needed some help with clomid (but then first cycle)

first time was 2nd month of trying

lockets Mon 14-Feb-05 21:32:28

Message withdrawn

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 21:33:38

Sorry to hear that Mishi xxx

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 21:34:02

Wanted to add know how lucky we were too.

Hulababy Mon 14-Feb-05 21:38:51

Well I am currwently mid cycle of month 6 of TTC #2, so I will reply again once I find out how long it takes!

DD is now 2y 10m and she took ages to be concieved: 15 months, early mc, and then another 15 months. Maybe we are not doing it right

lilsmum Mon 14-Feb-05 21:39:46

the thing is... it took 6 mth to concieve dd (12mth old now) and i am thinking about no2 but dont want to get pregnant right away really, but then if it did take time then i would want to start trying now iykwim (very confusing i know!!)do you think its true that it is much easier to get pregnant 2nd time round?

lilsmum Mon 14-Feb-05 21:40:47

hulababy...i hope it happens soon for you!! fingers crossed!!!

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 21:42:08

This is going to sound awful but the last thing I wanted when ds was 10 months was another baby.
Was using the cap and 1 day we just didn't use it. Result - dd, after 1 time of unprotected sex. So I was obviously quite fertile.
Maybe it helped that I wasn't using anything like the pill that would muck about with your cycle.

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 21:42:53

Yes fingers crossed for you Hula. Sending lots of babydust your way <<*<*<**>*>*>*>>

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 21:43:32

You can tell I have been drinking. Also meant to add that adore dd and couldn't be without her!

lockets Mon 14-Feb-05 21:44:13

Message withdrawn

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 21:46:57

Lockets do think it has something to do with it definitely.
Really scared actually as having my coil taken out in 2 weeks and god knwos what I am going to do. Really feel that my family is complete but can't persuade dh to have the snip (wimp )

goreousgirl Mon 14-Feb-05 21:49:04

7 months exactly for both for me, and 1 try each time for a friend of mine - doesn't nature work in funny ways?

Moomin Mon 14-Feb-05 21:49:04

it's a bit of a 'how long's a piece of string' question - everyone is completely different.
dd took 4 months, no2 is being a little bit more elusive - 2 years and counting... good luck with whatever you decide.

soapbox Mon 14-Feb-05 21:50:47

1 night wonder - suffice to say that DS was born exactly 9 months after my rather drunken birthday party

Sooner than planned but a wonderful surprise

lilsmum Mon 14-Feb-05 21:50:48

well also the thing is i was on combined but gave me terrible visual migraine so i went on the mini pill...that just sent me in to a major moody cow (really nasty) so i have come off that now and g.p has said if mini pill was no good then that would be the end of the pill for me!!! i do want no2 so i dont want to mess my body up with the injection, couldnt be doing with the cap at all!! so that leaves condoms really so thought seeing as though i do no2 i might just leave it to fate to decide lol, and i suppose if i did get pregnant straight away i would just have to accept it and get on with the situation, i think its worse because this will be planned and i will KNOW whats to come iykwim!!! with dd i didnt know what was heading my way (even though dd is an angel!!) so i was living in fairy land!!! what do you all think? i know i am probably thinking about it all too much but i am that kind of person i guess

sorry for the waffling lol

Angeliz Mon 14-Feb-05 21:50:55

For us it was about 6 months.

Hulababy Mon 14-Feb-05 21:52:06

I also wonder wheher things likeke the pill actually do have an effect on initial fertility. I know GPs say it doesn't but I have to say that I'm not convinced. I know that in the first few months after stopping the pill last time, it took a while for my cycle to get back to normal. Did this time too.

WestCountryLass Mon 14-Feb-05 22:01:55

7 months later.

tortoiseshell Mon 14-Feb-05 22:05:49

2 months.

oops Mon 14-Feb-05 22:06:58

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now