Talk

Advanced search

Calling parents of three year olds who are in nursery all day! Advice needed

(3 Posts)
MissisBoot Wed 13-Aug-08 19:16:47

DD has just started nursery and will be mostly doing full days - she'll be picked up normally about 5ish and will have had tea there.

What is your normal evening routine if your child has been in nursery all day? Normally dd is in bed by 7.30ish but I know that she'd fall asleep on the sofa when we'd get back as she's exhausted from doing the whole day. I don't really want her to do this as she's a nightmare to wake up and this would then push her bedtime back.

Any suggestions? I thought about having an early bath and then some tv before story and bed.

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 13-Aug-08 19:24:23

my 2 and 3 yos come come for about 5.30, play while I make tea, eat tea, wreck the house, watch some tv, play outside, upstairs for bath at 8 and I'm lucky if they've crashed out by 9.30.

Occasionally if one of them had a bad night and is completely exhausted they fall asleep on the sofa while I'm making tea so I just let them sleep then carry them up and put them in bed and they sleep through till morning.

BTW they do have 'tea' at nursery but its just a snack of sandwich and fruit at 4 ish. We still have to give them an evening meal.

MissisBoot Wed 13-Aug-08 20:35:26

Whoops - do you think I should be giving dd an evening meal too - I asked her tonight but she said she was full. She had a hot lunch and then sandwiches for tea - also morning and afternoon snack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now