Talk

Advanced search

Swaddling.. HELP newborn keeps getting arms free

(9 Posts)
cityangel Wed 13-Aug-08 00:02:24

My ds has very busy hands and won't settle at night unless we swaddle him. He keeps escaping from our homemade creations. Today the bespoke blanket we ordered arrived. Sadly it relies on his body weight keeping it in place and doesn't fasten. Ds just wriggles hi way out.

Does anyone use a bespoke swaddling blanket they can recommend? Particulary looking for lightweight options that are great at keeping arms by the sides and maybe have built in fastenings.

all advice appreciated

GivePeasAChance Wed 13-Aug-08 00:04:01

Maybe he doesn't like swaddling ? <hides>

PortAndLemon Wed 13-Aug-08 00:04:17

The Miracle Blanket worked for DS, who was something of a Houdini otherwise.

RedHead81 Wed 13-Aug-08 00:04:46

maybe he just likes his arms free?
can you swaddle but leave arms out? Sorry, no recommendations, DS2 always has his arms out too - he sleeps with them above his head.

NotAnOtter Wed 13-Aug-08 00:05:26

i use a john lewis flat cotbed sheet - on dc6 and have found these to be the best - fold double the drop top corner over- tightly wrap and cover in cellular blanket hth

OurHamsterisevil Wed 13-Aug-08 10:44:26

swaddle me

These are brilliant they fasten with velcro. A friend gave me hers after I had the same problem with DS2. Never needed to swaddle DS1 so it was new to me.

OurHamsterisevil Wed 13-Aug-08 10:46:16

they also sell them here

twoboots Wed 13-Aug-08 10:55:58

grobag/dreampod/sleepin bag? i know your not supposed to, but in dd's first 4 weeeks we would use the xs at the bottom to wrap around her legs, i think it helped her settle and within an hour she had kicked it out to the flat position

hannahsaunt Wed 13-Aug-08 10:56:15

Ds1 loved being swaddled. Ds2 and 3 hated it and would wriggle until they were free...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now